Research Associate - Pharma Biotech - Equity Research
- Competitive Base plus Bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
You will join a leading healthcare equity research team with probably the broadest coverage universe of stocks. Combined the healthcare team covers over 60 stocks across EMEA and the different subsectors. Your role is to support and develop the research of the European Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology sector team.
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company.
Our sector-based research teams analyse markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients’ first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from perspectives from collaborations.
You will join a leading healthcare equity research team with probably the broadest coverage universe of stocks. Combined the healthcare team covers over 60 stocks across EMEA and the different subsectors.
Your role is to support and develop the research of the European Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology sector team.
The key responsibilities are:
- To support the Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology team in meeting its goals
- To support the lead analyst in the provision of strong fundamental research allowing us to service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture, and support the interface with the Investment Bank and Corporate Broking
- Contributing written work to the European Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology team, including thematic, industry, and stock specific research
- Maintain therapeutic and financial models
- Assisting the team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- A strong academic background is expected, excellent communication skills, plus the drive and determination to excel
- A scientific or medical background is strongly preferred; either industry or finance
- Prior experience in equity markets is not a pre-requisite, but a strong interest is paramount
- Strong writing skills are essential
- Excel – advanced knowledge (VBA & Macro) is advantageous, but Intermediate is essential
- Experience writing about complex scientific and/or medical topics, including the theoretical rationale, summary of key findings, and conclusions