Research Associate - Healthcare - Equity Research
Jefferies, the world's only independent full-service global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. Our firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, and foreign exchange, as well as wealth management, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF), a diversified financial services company. Position
You will join a leading healthcare equity research team with one of the broadest coverage universes. Combined, the team covers c.60 stocks across EMEA in all the different subsectors outside of the large-cap Pharma.
Your role includes to help to maintain and develop stock coverage primarily as part of the Healthcare Services subsector vertical, contributing to the team's strategic view in a global industry and EMEA stock market context, such that we have strong fundamental company and industry research. Primary Responsibilities:
Qualifications Required Background:
- To support the Healthcare Services subsector vertical in meeting its goals while also developing client contact; the role offers the opportunity to develop own coverage and potentially expand into new areas over time, but this is flexible based on the level of experience of the successful applicant;
- To continue to develop writing, modelling and marketing skills. Also to collaborate with the Pharma, Biotech and Medtech teams and global healthcare teams as commercial opportunities arise;
- Providing sector and stock coverage, maintaining up to date models and regularly updating forecasts;
- Contributing written work to European or Global thematic research;
- Writing timely, actionable stock research on coverage universe.
- Assisting the broader team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements.
- To help to maintain and develop stock coverage as part of sector team, contributing to team's strategic view of the industry sectors in a global industry and EMEA stock market context
- A solid record of academic achievement, excellent communication skills, demonstrated success in current career path, and the drive and determination to excel are key.
- You will have proven experience, and this could be an opportunity for a current analyst to expand roles and responsibilities or provide a platform for someone with the relevant skillset considering equity research as a career change.
- Relevant sector experience is not a prerequisite but is strongly preferred
- Prior experience in equity markets is not a pre-requisite, but a strong interest is paramount.
- Competence with Microsoft Excel is essential with knowledge of VBA also advantageous.
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis, modelling and valuations from a bulge bracket bank or leading M&A boutique is preferred but not essential as there will be on the job training.
- CFA qualification, or studying towards this qualification, is desired and advantageous