Company Team Role Key Responsibilities
- To support the senior analyst(s) in the Foods & HPC team in maintaining and expanding stock coverage
- To support the lead analyst in the Foods & HPC team in the provision of strong fundamental research, allowing us to service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture, and support the interface with Investment Banking & Corporate Broking
- The role requires intellectual contribution our strategic view of these industry sectors in a Global, and UK stock market context
- You will be expected to develop as a coverage analyst in your own right within two to five years (depending on experience)
Jefferies, the global investment bank, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. The firm is headquartered in New York and has its European head office in London, as well as staff in over 30 cities globally. Jefferies provides clients with capital market and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage, wealth & asset management and securities research.
The role is for an associate in our Foods & HPC Equity Research team. This part of our wider consumer staples team, one of a number of sector-based teams in our Equity Research Department. Our research teams analyse companies worldwide, with a goal of being our clients' first call for investment ideas, longer-term themes and industry expertise. Our analysts use a variety of methodologies and sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from perspectives from fellow analysts following other industries, geographies and assets.
You will join an experienced, established and successful team which currently has 28 stocks under coverage across food, beverages, household products and tobacco. The team is looking to build out further coverage of ingredients suppliers and mid-caps.
The key responsibilities are: Qualifications Required Background & Competencies
- Strong academic background, evidenced most obviously by a good first degree from a reputable University
- A high level of numeracy, both in terms of mental arithmetic and the ability to think analytically. The role demands extensive use of MS Excel and familiarity with both the application generally and its higher-level functions is at a premium
- Good written and inter-personal communication skills are important, as the role involves frequent report writing and communication with both clients and our sales desk, both electronically/telephonically and face-to-face
- While previous experience in equity markets and the consumer sector is not a pre-requisite, strong interest in both is paramount and will be tested at interview
- A post-graduate financial qualification, for example an MBA, CFA, Masters in Management, ACA or CIMA is desirable but not mandatory
Closing Date: 15th November 2019