Research Analyst - Powertrain & E-Mobility Components
IHS Markit's Automotive Supply Chain & Technology team is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the position of Research Analyst - Powertrain & E-Mobility within its European team. The role will underpin current and new IHS Markit services which support clients on a global basis. RESPONSIBILITIES
The role encompasses qualitative and quantitative research, trend forecasting as well as strategy analysis of light passenger vehicle technologies and supply chain dynamics. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist senior colleagues in the development of forecasts on a variety of powertrain & e-mobility technologies and themes (e.g. hybrid and electric propulsion systems, exhaust aftertreatment, forced induction technologies, fuel systems, torque management mechanisms etc). Forecasts based on original research conducted by the team, led by a Principal Analyst, are supported by IHS Markit proprietary data/tools.
• Maintain databases which track automotive technologies and supplier information
• Conduct analysis of complex datasets tracking powertrain & e-mobility
• Perform both primary research interviews with automotive industry contacts and secondary research utilising internet resources, technical papers, brochures etc
• Ability and willingness to begin the development of a network of contacts at automotive companies
• Project work involvement, including cross-regional and cross-team projects as needed
• Comfortable interfacing with and supporting clients when questions arise relating to the datasets REQUIRED SKILLS
- Demonstrable understanding of powertrain & e-mobility technologies and main technology trends
- Proficiency with MS applications required (Excel, Word and PowerPoint); understanding of database mechanics helpful (e.g. Access, SQL)
- Competent analytical and data interpretation skills
- Comfortable in client interactions
- Strong motivation and ability to self-organize to achieve difficult targets under tight time constraints
- An interest/passion for cars is essential
- Ideally 2+ years of experience at automotive suppliers/OEMs in the powertrain area or at a consultancy. Recent graduates with evidence of the above skills will also be considered
- Ideally a degree-level qualification in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering. However, this is not essential if the above required skills are in evidence.
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in another European Language would be an added advantage (German highly desirable)
The role is to be based at the company's Ropemaker Place office in London, U.K.
The legal right to work in the U.K. is essential.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.