See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Global Valuation, Accounting & Tax (GVAT) team provides clients and colleagues with accounting, valuation, and financial modelling insights and advice. GVAT has team members in all regions and works closely with Research Management, Product Management and the broader research department. The team is responsible for implementing and maintaining modelling and valuation best practices, oversees Morgan Stanley’s proprietary ModelWare and Risk Reward platforms and leads strategic initiatives within the GVAT also supports the Stock Selection Committee and authors key franchise reports and projects.
• Developing and implementing strategic initiatives pertaining to proprietary Morgan Stanley Research tools
• Develop and roll-out proprietary new Risk Reward framework
• Develop Context Analyzer, proprietary statistical tool
• Implement ModelWare strategic initiatives
• Utilize predictive analytics and machine learning to scan through research reports, market data streams, and client databases to come up with insights about clients, market events, and the impact of events on clients’ portfolios.
• Develop data analytic tools to assist clients in making investment decisions while collaborating with various stakeholders, including research analysts, data scientists and technology experts.
• Designing, building and implementing proprietary quantitative models to explore and analyze investment scenarios, examine industries, and communicate with companies and investors.
• Building proprietary quantitative models
• Conducting advanced excel modelling and statistical analyses including z-score, regression testing, correlation among various stocks, asset classes, commodities and macro indicators such as GDP and inflation
• Analyze emerging and developed markets on an absolute and relative basis
• Developing an analysis framework to gauge the company and sector ownership by FF’s, FPIs and domestic investors in global stocks and indices
• Author macro thematic research, including views on policy framework, accounting policies, and M&A implication across sectors. Integrate thematic research products with developed market research to develop global thematic pieces.
• Act as the Equity Research lead on various ad-hoc projects
• Answering accounting, tax, modelling and valuation questions from equity analysts and buy-side clients
• Conducting one-on-one and small group training covering financial statement modelling and equity valuation best practices
• Performing data analysis for Alphawise and Research management
• Performing IPO model vetting reviews and coordinating remediation of issues
• Support Equity Sales on tactical and bespoke projects. Qualifications:
• Experience in equity research or in a similar position is mandatory
• Degree in finance and/or data oriented fields (engineering, statistics, computer science)
• Must have experience working with equity valuation & financial models
• Advanced level of excel proficiency is required
• Proficiency in common programming languages is required (ex. R, Python, Java)
• Must have exceptional written and oral communications skills
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS is required
• Knowledge and experience working with emerging market equities a plus
• Excellent problem solving skills
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 28/11/2019.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.