Relationship Officer - KYC
Established in 1964 as the country's first Qatari-owned commercial bank, QNB Group has steadily grown to become the largest bank in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
QNB Group's presence through its subsidiaries and associate companies extends to more than 31 countries across three continents providing a comprehensive range of advanced products and services. The total number of employees is more than 28,000 serving up to 20 million customers operating through 1,000 locations, with an ATM network of 4,300 machines.
QNB has maintained its position as one of the highest rated regional banks from leading credit rating agencies including Standard & Poor's (A), Moody's (Aa3) and Fitch (A+). The Bank has also been the recipient of many awards from leading international specialised financial publications.
Based on the Group's consistent strong financial performance and its expanding international presence, QNB currently ranks as the most valuable bank brand in the Middle East and Africa, according to Brand Finance Magazine.
QNB Group has an active community support program and sponsors various social, educational and sporting events. Role Summary:
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation and coordination of all operational documentation control in respect of customer account maintenance acting as the subject matter expert on the first line of defense by effective Know Your Customer (KYC). They will assist Front Office staff in obtaining all original account opening documentation for Financial Institutions customers including: conducting the analysis and documenting of applicable due diligence. Role Description:
- Ensure all KYC, due diligence and other regulatory requirements are met for new accounts.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and handle daily middle office tasks related to Correspondent Banking and Trade finance activities
- Maintain the safe custody of all documents by filing documents in accordance with the set policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Engage, in liaison with Relationship Managers, with customers and their representatives in obtaining and completing the documentary requirements necessary to open and maintain accounts with the Branch.
- Analysis of KYC and due diligence data in support of Relationship Manager review of customer information.
- Timely update of customer files consequent upon risk rated review, changes in the postal address, employment details, ownership of business, legal form of business etc.
- Provision of relevant periodic Management Information for review at Committees (in accordance with Branch Governance framework).
- Liaise with HO credit admin on the credit documentation meeting the terms & conditions as per approval.
- Seek HO Credit Admin acknowledgment when needed for collaterals submitted and supporting documents.
- Seek HO Credit Admin Review and have the checklist completed for Credit Operations to complete the remaining tasks
- Maintain activities in accordance with Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal departments/ units to achieve improvements in turn-around time
- Undertake to learn the full remit of KYC retirements in the country and undertake to remain current of current and future requirements as they are announced
- Comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements including, but not limited to, the QNB country Compliance manual; Compliance Policies and Procedures and; the Anti Money Laundering & Counter Terrorist Financing Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Understand and effectively perform your role under the Three Lines of Defence principle to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report risks.
- Support the framework of RCSA, KRI, Incident reporting and remediation, as appropriate, in accordance with the Operational Risk Management requirements.
- University graduate preferably with a Major in Finance, Banking, Economics, Mathematics or Business Administration
- 5-6 years relevant experience in the banking industry, preferably with a large local / International Bank.
- Knowledge of the relevant regulatory requirements and best practices relating to account opening/ closing/service.
- Knowledge of relevant KYC and other Anti-Money Laundering (AML) directives/ rules and regulations and best practices.
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to recognise patterns
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in English and National Language of the country, which we operate in.
- Good organizational skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Fluent in French and English
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV