Relationship Manager - Russian Speakin
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Apr 19
Relationship Manager - Russian Speakin
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19011616
Identify opportunities to acquire new to bank clients by way of referrals from Citibank entities or Direct Acquisition from the markets (subject to market environment), attracts inflows as per set goals and manage a portfolio of between 150 and 250 clients (mainly HNWI) who hold total AUMs up to USD 75 MM.
All activities must be conducted in compliance with applicable rules and regulations. The position will be based in the London Office and the candidate will need to travel to meet clients face to face.
Citi certification within 3 months of joining and full TC as per current guidelines or per local regulatory requirements within 12 months of joining.
Failure to achieve any or all of the above will result in disciplinary action including termination of services. Promotion to Senior Relationship Manager will be subject to overall performance including other qualitative/quantitative measures.
This role involves servicing the needs of Mass Affluent and HNWI clients, reporting to a Sales Head.
Close co-ordination is required with referral markets other functions within Citi IPB and Citi Onshore Consumer. Other key relationships include Marketing and Products, Legal and Compliance. Regular interfaces with Support and Service, Operations and Credit.
The business of Onshore and Offshore Investments and Banking is heavily regulated, all activities to attain objectives must be carried out in accordance with both internal and external regulations and controls.
This is a regulated sales role providing financial advice to Citibank customers. The offering is currently made up of investments (whole of market) and protection (multi-tie). The role will be office/branch based and will involve meetings being conducted off site.
- Establishing strong relationship with the onshore and offshore business and close working relationship with referral markets
- Generate AUM growth and revenue streams that will ensure delivery of the financial plan and achievement of the business objectives through effective client acquisition, cross sell of wealth management and investment products to local Citibank clients and their own existing portfolio. In so doing, over-achieve against set targets via:
- Source new target market clients that support the attainment of business objectives and targets and acquire / update and apply product knowledge to satisfy prospect and client financial and investment needs
- Maintaining the highest possible standards of investment advice for their clients in line with Citi IPB/Citi UKC sales processes through pre-agreed calling and contact schedule.
- Taking responsibility to build relationships with key clients and influencers inside the referral businesses, instilling a sense of teamwork and pro-activity, and work closely with covered regions / countries to increase the client database through sourcing new client referrals.
- Adherence to a robust control environment within which staff carry out their duties, ensuring effective self-monitoring of activities that will satisfy internal control standards and ensure compliance with all external regulatory requirements in all aspects of work.
- Responsibility for ownership of KYC(Know Your Customer) for the client base, e.g. completeness of account opening documentation, timely completion of Enhanced Due Diligence of customers.
- Proactively meet customer needs by advising clients on investment and protection needs from a whole of market and multi-ties offering.
In this role an experienced financial services sales person will deepen their client relationship and sales skills for maximum financial impact and, depending on their experience related to Onshore and Offshore and International Wealth Management, increase their knowledge of both the products and the sales processes involved in onshore and cross-border financial services sales.
Future roles hereafter could be Senior Relationship Manager, Support and Service Head, Portfolio Counsellor or Product Management.
Remarkable customer experience behaviors
- Act with integrity at all times
- Speak up with candor
- Always do the right thing for the client
- Be accountable by owning and acting on what matters
Be One Team
- Always act as one bank
- Build trust by being open and delivering on your promises
- Value and appreciate one another
- Be here now
Be Our Future
- Operate with curiosity and be open to new ideas
- Be agile, be willing to adjust and adapt quickly
- Value personal growth and bring passion to everything you do
- Assume positive intent
Must have demonstrated success in a wealth management sales background within a financial services company
An ability to manage a portfolio, maximize revenues in a regulated environment and source new business through their own initiative
Strong knowledge of financial products and services, financial markets and economic environments
Good knowledge of respective operational and regulatory environment as well as cultural understanding of referral market
Strong negotiating and influencing skills
Good presentations and networking skills
Develop client service and sales skills as well as being a good organizer of both own and others time
- University degree in a related area, preferably post-graduate qualifications in Finance or Economics or MBA graduate
- Full FSA qualifications that meet RDR level 4 requirements as a minimum (or achieved within stipulated IPB timeframes).
- Threshold Competency can be demonstrated and evidenced.
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Candidates who do not meet the FCA and other required qualifications must demonstrate willingness to complete required assessments successfully within a specified time period.
- For individuals who do not hold RDR level 4 qualifications it is a requirement of the Training and Competence Scheme that the job holder must pass all required examinations within 3 attempts and within 12 months of commencing the role.
- Strong communications skills in English and other language as per covered market
Focus on People:
- Influencing and Persuasiveness
- Building Relationships
Focus on Business and Results:
- Decision Making and Judgement
- Commercial Awareness
- Client Focus
- Drive and Determination
- Planning and Organizing
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime.
The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016.
Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorized as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above.
This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks.
If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.