- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Relationship Manager – Content Licensing Group (German required)
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Content Licensing Relationship Manager ("RM") is responsible for managing a selection of Moody's Analytics ("MA") client relationships in an EMEA sub-territory for the Content Licensing Group ("CLG). Clients include banks, insurers, asset managers, finance companies, government bodies and corporations as well as distributors. The CLG RM covers the licensing of the Moody's Ratings as well as any other MA product to third-party date and service providers as well as distributors.
- The Content Licensing Relationship Manager is a sales executive responsible for the overall commercial success of MA in his or her territory. Successful RMs create their own success by displaying some or all of the following:
- Developing and executing on territory business plans
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of industry practices in credit, risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate license for MA products usage.
- Organizing and running over 160 in-person client meetings per year as well as representing MA at industry conferences.
- Generating, qualifying and converting new leads through networking and prospecting and executing sales campaigns at existing accounts.
- Identifying and translating client-based needs into compelling license solutions that create tangible benefits to our clients.
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of MA's solutions to potential and existing clients.
- Managing sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve sales specialists and management where appropriate. Executing strong negotiation skills and strategies to bring sales cycles to successful closure.
- Providing current sales forecasts and sales pipeline information to management on a regular basis.
- Introducing sales leads to other business units where appropriate.
- Making significant and regular travel to and within the territory
- Experience working within or selling into capital markets, banking and/or insurers. Financial data sales experience preferred but not necessary.
- Solid demonstrated understanding of the financial markets as well as the market players.
- Extensive sales and/or relationship management experience is required, preferably within the financial services sector.
- Degree educated (or equivalent), preferably gained in a finance, business or economics .
- Entrepreneurial style, drive and sense of urgency, coupled with the ability to work well with others as part of a solution team. Robust problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with sales teams and other areas within MA when necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal/relationship building skills and able to successfully manage multiple client relationships.
- Proven negotiation skills and able to influence key decision makers during the sales process.
- Highly organised and good time management skills.
- Must have the motivation and ability to excel in an intense, high energy, selling environment.
- Must be fluent in English and German.
- Additional European languages are advantageous.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.