A Reinsurance Accountant is required for a leading (Re) Insurance company due to significant growth within the organisation. The role will report to the Head of Accounting & Reporting and will cover both the Insurance Company and the Syndicate business.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To work alongside underwriters & the ceded reinsurance team to review reinsurance transactions and ensure appropriate accounting in line with contractual terms.
- To develop and produce regular financial MI and commentary for the Underwriting Committee & Board.
- The role will support the FP&A Team in ensuring that they reflect the correct reinsurance data in the Annual Planning and continuous Forecasting process.
- The role will work collaboratively with other Functional areas (Underwriters, Financial, Claims) to define and establish reinsurance processes.
- To form part of the finance operations team, effectively reconcile all reinsurance activity (reinsurance payable and recoverable accounts) ensuring robust recovery/payment processes and reconciliations are in place. This will identify and analyse issue for proposing any corrective action required.
- To Perform analysis to provide senior management with insight into large or unusual fluctuations.
- The role assists with ad hoc projects and queries.
This role is a great opportunity for someone who is a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with experience in a reinsurance accounting role for a (Re) Insurance company.
A reason to consider this position will be to have exposure to Senior Management and business functions outside of Finance. The role will offer autonomy, with the chance to make changes to how reinsurance works from a finance perspective, by building face to face business relationships within the wider business areas.