The Regulatory Solutions team is responsible for regulatory impact assessment for all of C&IS, including significant global industry changes (e.g. Brexit, LIBOR). The team provides consultative support to the business and clients to help navigate these regulatory and industry changes. The team has responsibility for the commercialisation of regulatory products as well as providing centralised oversight of implementation and escalation for all regulation impacting C&IS.
This role sits in London and the team, including the Product lead, is currently 6 FTE. The successful applicant's remit is largely split into 3 categories:
1. Horizon scanning/impact assessment of new & changing regulation.
2. Internal & external communication of regulatory change & running the communication work-streams of regulatory programs.
3. Consultative support around regulation to both clients & internal partners Responsibilities include:
• Executing the strategy of the product umbrella as outlined by the Lead Product Manager, Product Executive and Head of Product Management for the business unit
• Performing regulatory analysis on upcoming items to ensure the business interprets the broader implications of change beyond pure compliance, and allow for effective and efficient implementation. This includes responsibility for the governance & interaction with our risk & compliance partners
• Providing internal and external consultative support in the regulatory space to increase knowledge and further NT relationships including:-
- Owning the communication work-streams for all Northern Trust regulatory change projects
- Ensuring that client events are held on a regular basis covering relevant topics of interest. Speaking at these events is also part of the remit.
- Publishing the regulatory newsletters (owning EMEA & APAC & assisting with the US version)
• Attending and presenting at industry events and publish articles in industry publications
• Holding client meetings around a variety of regulatory topics. The includes the need to articulate the main provisions of key regulations and their impacts on different client segments, showing an understanding of the Northern Trust products/services offered which relate to these
• Providing sales support including presenting at client and prospect meetings The ideal candidate should demonstrate some of the following qualifications:
• Previous experience performing a role as a strategic thinker
• Demonstrated ability to build trustworthy and credible business relationships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience creating presentations as a subject matter
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial services product(s) i.e. Regulatory Solutions, Cash & Liquidity
• Demonstrated experience understanding client needs
• Flexibility to adapt with changing schedules and requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of business strategy development
• Demonstrated interest or knowledge in current regulatory changes i.e. MMF (Money Market Funds) Regulation, MiFID II (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive), PRIIPs (Packaged Retail and Insurance-based Investment Products) Regulation
• A College or University degree and/or relevant, proven work experience
• Relevant industry qualifications are preferred About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world's most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service. Working with Us:
As a Northern Trust partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We'd love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world's most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.