We have an opportunity for a Regulatory Specialist within our Wealth Platform business. The SEI Wealth Platform (SWP) partners with some of the world’s leading Wealth Managers and Private Banks, providing a range of services to underpin growth, support innovation, mitigate risks and manage costs. If you have regulatory experience, preferably in the platforms and / or wealth management sectors and want the opportunity to solve regulatory challenges and develop new and innovative solutions this could be an exciting new role for you.
What you’ll do:
The Regulatory Specialist plays a critical role throughout the lifecycle of new services and the enhancement of existing ones; for both existing and prospective clients. Through extensive interaction with prospects and clients, this role is also responsible for identifying future product and service requirements that are not currently part of the service offering.
- You’ll be key in supporting the delivery of regulatory changes across a range of areas/services within SWP
- Develop, in partnership with Compliance, robust governance around identifying upcoming regulations and associated risk to the SWP business & client services
- Ensure SWP propositions, services and support are delivered in a way that achieves regulatory compliance and appropriate controls in line with SEI’s risk appetite
- Collaborate across functions running workshops, problem statement definition, requirements definition, scoping, RAID scoping, etc
- Assist in the design and implementation of the regulatory change framework across SWP
- Assist with regulatory training and development in accordance with best market practice
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Ideally experience within a wealth management context or platform environment but key is a strong knowledge of UK and European regulation as applied to retail products such as SIPPS, Bonds, ISA, personal pensions
- You must have experience in understanding and developing/delivering solutions across a range of regulatory themes: RDR, CASS, GDPR, MiFID II etc
- Strategic in outlook and commercially astute with excellent communication and presentation skills, able to engage and influence at all levels across the business and the wider organization
- The ability to bundle and position services with Sales and Relationship Management teams to help with positioning of the service
Attributes we value:
- A proven ability to simplify the complex and clearly define/communicate development gaps and requirements
- First-class planning and delivery capabilities; values the need to be proactive, organised and delivery focused
- Self-confidence, self-motivation and an orientation toward working in teams are essential
SEI is an equal opportunities employer and so much more…
After 50 years, SEI remains a leading global provider of investment management, investment processing and investment operations solutions. Reflecting our experience within financial services and financial technology our UK office is based between the City of London and the growing technology hub of Shoreditch. The open plan nature of our office space, flowing lines and numerous art installations are designed to encourage innovation and creativity in our workforce. We recognise that our people are our most valuable asset and are (literally) invested in your success; we know that a healthy, happy and motivated workforce is key to our continued growth. We are focused on ensuring a healthy work-life balance and offer our employees benefits which include private medical care for you and your family, access to GPs online for appointments, enhanced family leave, volunteer days, access to thriving employee networks and not forgetting free fruit twice a week.
SEI Investments (Europe) Limited (‘SIEL’) is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN 191713).