Regulatory Reporting Operations Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 17 Oct 18
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
FM Regulatory Operations is Global Financial Markets Operations (FMO) function responsible for delivering post-trade OTC regulatory compliance through execution and oversight of key Operational processes and controls, such as Global OTC Derivative, MIFID II, EMIR and DFA Risk Mitigation and Mandatory Clearing.
Strong understanding of the regulatory trade and transaction reporting landscape
Familiar with key regulations covered by TR Ops e.g. Dodd Frank, EMIR, MIFID II etc.
·Experience of working in Banking MO, Operations or other relevant functions
· Experience in remediating transaction reporting issues, including back-reporting
· Familiar with key trade flow components: how trades are booked, cleared, captured, consumed by the reporting systems, processed, submitted to the regulatory / repository)
· Familiar with the following products covered by regulatory reporting obligations: rates, credit, equity, FX, ETD, securities
· Product specific knowledge inside / outside of transaction reporting operations
· Experience in key transaction reporting systems and how they interact with each other: e.g Trade Repositories
· Understand all the regulatory reporting requirements for SCB AG and partner in implementing a full front to end solution along with designing a robust TOM identifying all risks and appropriate mitigation thereof
· Engage in UAT testing and implementation of all the regulatory reporting solutions that SCB AG would be subjected to
· Co-ordinate with Brexit Client migration stream to repaper EMIR DRA for clients which are migrated from SCB London to SCB AG
· Align the key operational processes and controls adhering to SCB's Regulatory Reporting Control Standards
· Manage day to day processes and controls across an array of reporting regulations such as EMIR, DF, Mifid II and reporting requirements thereof.
· Ensure that the controls being implemented are effective at mitigating cause of process failure, and any gaps are well articulated through the Operational Risk Framework
· Ensure the control measurements (KCI and CSTs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework
· Ensure that the key risk indicators (KRIs) are appropriately defined, measured and captured within the Operational Risk Framework
· Capture residual compliance and operational risk issues and define the appropriate remediation activities
· Provide high quality status updates to senior FM Operations management as requested and at appropriate juncture
Qualifications & Skills
· Strong track record for delivering effective controls and efficient processes in an FM Operations environment
· Domain expertise across financial markets products, preferably in the context of post-trade reporting regulations such as EMIR, Mifid II, CFTC etc
· Working knowledge of the front to back trade lifecycle for derivatives, including associated market infrastructure providers and capabilities
· Strong stakeholder management ensuring high quality communication, transparency and objective prioritization
· Analytical mindset, attention to detail
· Proficient presentation/communication skills
· Demonstrable strong teamwork with internal and external groups