Regulatory Reporting Manager
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
We are seeking to hire a Manager, Transaction Regulatory Reporting to focus on management of staff responsible for the firm's transaction regulatory reporting, including, but not limited to MiFID/MiFIR, EMIR, SFTR, FinfraG and
ASIC. The manager will be responsible for understanding all regulatory reporting obligations of our clients and the firm, with a focus on ensuring consistent data quality, procedural discipline and vendor management. The individual in this role will also have responsibility for monitoring new regulations and changes to existing regulations.
This position is based in London and will be situated on the Trading Desk at our offices, which are located at Cardinal Place, 80 Victoria Street. The manager will be working collaboratively with regulatory reporting colleagues located in Boston and London, as well as with our global compliance department and global trading teammates.
Wellington Management's Trading Department employs over 60 traders globally and operates in specialized teams according to sectors and products. Our investment and trading activities are conducted on an industry-leading internally developed technology platform, which we believe creates a meaningful competitive advantage. We are also supported by an in-house team of managers and quantitative and business analysts, who oversee the "business" of the department and provide in-depth, action-oriented insights into our trading capabilities and activities.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day management of staff responsible for regulatory reporting
- Quality control, i.e. ensure that all deadlines are met and reports are accurate
- Conducting technology and data availability assessments on an ongoing basis
- Serve as point of contact for issues escalated internally/externally
- Coordinate with IT, Legal & Compliance and other internal teams on requirements and ongoing data quality.
- Making recommendations for improved strategic workflow changes
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Proven and solid experience in a similar role or function
- In-depth technical knowledge and previous track record of managing Transaction Reporting
- Knowledge across all asset classes - especially derivatives
- Technical, Market and Product Knowledge, sound awareness of market landscape and knowledge of end-to- end operational processes
- Ability to clearly articulate issues with supporting analysis and documentation
- Self-starter, independent worker, and strategic thinker
- Pro-active with the confidence to lead and drive change
- Ability to analyze and dissect data
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- A pro-technology mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency
- Quantitative skills and/or programming experience would be additive.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment
- Impeccable integrity, fiduciary mindset, and ability to consistently place the interests of our clients as the number one priority
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Regulatory Reporting Manager LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .