Regulatory Reporting Manager
- £125,000 - £135,000
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Maldon Partners
- 13 Mar 19
Our client is a global banking business. This role will be to head up a team of 6 onshore staff (as well as an offshore reg team) for the firm's Market Risk and Counterparty Credit Risk Regulatory Reporting.
- Responsible for Global Reporting of Counterparty & Market Risk Capital, Stress testing FDSF & EBA, Recovery & Resolution plan, and Leverage ratio calculations for the PRA
- This is a global role covering Europe, Asia, Middle East, North and Latin America. As such, the individual is expected to lead interactions with all the Regional Finance and legal entity teams. This role will also require presenting the results and commentary to senior Global Regulatory Reporting managements including Finance (CFO) and Risk (CRO).
- This is an area of constant high profile mandatory change and is under the constant scrutiny of senior management with implications aired due to the capital impact and public nature of the pillar 3 external reporting.
The role holder is the Central point of contact on any queries related to:
- Counterparty credit risk & Market risk capital, globally.
- QIS to Basel and EBA
- Ad hoc reporting for internal management
- Ad hoc reporting for PRA
- Ensuring that numbers are correctly reported in the rapidly changing rule books eg BIPRU to CCR and sign off that the COR-B3 PROJECT is fit for purpose for BAU.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Management of the team including appraisal process and recruiting of and design and implementation of the business model.
- The combination of the Group senior leadership relationships, the geographical coverage, the products and systems complexities require strong leadership, communication and project management skills.
- Team of 6 onshore and 12 offshore
- The continuing pace of regulatory change and the need to satisfy senior management stake holders over the level of RWAs. The individual needs to be able to balance the need to have a controlled and auditably defensible RWA calculation with the need to make it as efficient as possible.
- In the next 2 years, another significantly more complicated CCR calculation is required (SA-CCR) and this will need to be fit for purpose without being so prudent that it makes business untenable. The person needs to be able to carry the stakeholders through this process.
- The person needs to ensure that the team is also able to carry these challenges on an ongoing basis whilst maintaining engagement with a wide network of stakeholders, ranging from Business Finance, Capital Management, Risk and Senior Management.
- The required candidate will be the ‘Go To Person’ for all Trading Book BAU RWA CCR and Market Risk matters,
- Has to have the ability and confidence to make informed and well balanced decisions based of experience of managing a significant RWA process
- Manage significant risks with potentially huge reputational, RWA and possible P&L implications for incorrect reporting
- Qualified Accountant with strong regulatory production (CRR and Market Risk) experience
- Markets Product Knowledge
- Management of teams on and offshore
- Influencing skills
- Good judgement in difficult situations
- Strong rules knowledge (CRR / Market Risk) per BIPRU and CRD IV
- Good understanding (from BAU point of view) on IT systems development