Regulatory Reporting Controller
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
Regulatory Reporting Controller
Corporate Title: Assistant Vice President
Line of Business: The CFO Group
We are currently looking for a Regulatory Reporting Specialist in Credit Risk Capital Team. You will be responsible for month end and quarterly capital calculations and reporting to the UK regulator. You will also assist in process improvements, new trade analysis, technology specification and testing.
As a Regulatory Reporting Specialist your responsibilities will include:
- Support the preparation of external and internal requests in respect of regulatory information
- Assist in the production of analysis on new, significant and unusual transactions to ensure potential capital implications are understood
- Conduct research on regulatory requirements, assist in the preparation of capital impact analysis and presentation on proposed and upcoming regulatory rule reforms and contribute to ongoing rule change implementation.
- Participate in assignments to identify and implement improvements to the process and control framework within which the group operates.
- Work with the team to design and develop tools to facilitate capital analysis and reporting.
- As required, responsibilities in connection with the preparation and distribution of the daily and monthly calculation of regulatory capital and the preparation and submission of the quarterly regulatory returns to the PRA, including COREP, for key UK regulated entities
- Create and foster strong working relationships within the team; and as required, across the wider organization, particularly with Finance, Risk, the Business and Technology to facilitate better interaction and connectedness
- Build a working knowledge of the key systems, technology and infrastructure utilised by the group
- Establish and continuously develop your understanding of the business conducted by the key regulated entities including forming a working knowledge of products traded and services executed to assist in performing useful and informed analysis of the regulatory information
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times and work diligently as a key member of the team advising multiple functions across the organization, including senior management, on regulatory capital information
As a Regulatory Reporting Specialist your skills and competencies will be:
- Proactive, enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- High level of ownership, strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with a team to support delivery of the team responsibilities as a whole
- Display a willingness to learn through research, enquiry, and escalation
- Control focused mentality
- Excel proficiency
- Existing knowledge and experience in financial products
- Awareness of or enthusiasm to learn about European regulations and disclosures
- Good understanding of business strategy and focus on delivering to the customer
- Have an excellent drive for results and success have a sense of urgency
- Be able to lead people and communicate clearly with staff members
- Take pride in work and be able to voice opinion in a wise manner
- Live out the company value
- Promote a regulatory mind set
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch's responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
If you're interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It's important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.