We are now recruiting for a new finance opportunity to work for a highly successful global corporate and investment bank with offices based in the City/London (although currently most of their employees are working remotely/from home). Their Regulatory Reporting team are looking for a part-qualified, Finalist or fully-qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with either some foundation of regulatory reporting experience (min. 6 -12 months) or they are happy to also consider a financial/management accountant from a banking or financial services environment with no regulatory reporting experience who would like to learn and move into this area with full training and development offered.
- Part-qualified, Finalist or newly-qualified candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with some foundation of regulatory reporting experience or financial/management accounting experience from a financial services environment (Note: candidates can have as little as 6 – 12 months experience OR even be a financial/management accountant with no regulatory reporting experience from the banking sector who would like to learn and move into this area with full training and development offered)
- Desire and willingness to learn, to cover the following (this role will be given lots of opportunity to grow and develop one’s skills and experience further): Large Exposure reporting, Corep reporting, PRA and EBA returns, Asset Encumbrance, Statistical Reporting to the Bank of England, Banking product knowledge, Pillar 3 Disclosures, etc.
- Someone who can answer and speak with clarity and self-confidence. Good stakeholder management experience
- An individual who wants to continue growing their coverage, experience and career in their next role
- To assist with statistical returns for the Bank to the Bank of England.
- To prepare and submit some of the the Bank's prudential returns to the PRA / FCA
- To ensure all the above returns are prepared correctly and submitted in a timely manner
- To monitor and check that all regulatory changes are reflected within all relevant reports.
Objective of team and function:
In the UK, the Bank's London branch is required to submit regular prudential, statistical and risk-related reports to local (PRA / Bank of England) and European (EBA) regulators. These cover a variety of reporting disciplines including Balance Sheet, Liquidity, Credit Risk and Large Exposures. In addition to external reporting, the Bank must also monitor key ratios on a daily basis.
The role is responsible for the production of Bank of England Statistical regulatory reports and data submitted to the regulators.
Key objectives include the accurate and timely production of the Bank's regulatory Statistical returns and information to support management information
- Some of the information from these statistical returns will be used to calculate the entity’s monthly Cash Ratio Deposit with the Bank of England, as well as form part of the calculations to determine the amount of Annual Prudential Regulatory Fees to pay to the PRA.
- Some of the figures from Statistical reports will go towards the published statistical figures which the Bank of England produce and make publicly available on a quarterly basis.
- Involvement in preparation of COREP reports
- Produce, reconcile and review all of the Bank's statistical reports to ensure the accuracy of reporting and compliance with the Bank’s procedures.
- Answer any queries which either the Bank of England or the PRA may raise, either through investigations or by asking Treasury or the relevant Account Officer for their input.
- Preparation of COREP reports.
- Maintain the access levels of both systems.
- Check that customer information is accurately reflected within the system.
- Preparation of reports relating to Sterling Overnight Index Average benchmarking requirements.
Knowledge / Skills / Relevant Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Industry experience either in regulatory reporting or financial/management accounting in working for a banking or financial services institution
- Good knowledge of statistical and prudential reporting requirements with experience of managing calculations and reporting of key ratios
- Knowledge and exposure to banking and capital markets products from a credit risk perspective
- Proven ability to work with large amounts of financial and risk data
- Experience in delivering financial or risk reports under pressure without compromising on accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in communicating complex change requirements to key stakeholders
- Change management / implementation experience
- Knowledge of local statistical reporting returns
- Time-management skills to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong numerical and financial skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- People-management skills (ideal but not essential)