Regulatory Reporting Accountant
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a qualified accountant and / or a regulatory professional with experience gained in COREP and / or FCA suite of regulatory returns within industry (asset manager or bank).
We want individuals who take responsibility for their own outputs, ensuring they are accurate and of high quality, and who can work independently, using their own initiative. You need to have strong written and oral communication skills and to be a good team player.
The jobholder will take individual responsibility for the delivery the production of a selection of returns, working to strict deadlines and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the returns, produce internal reports for senior management summarising the regulatory position and contribute as subject matter expert in relevant regulatory rules.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for the production of all prudential regulatory material for the consolidated Schroders Group (CRR) and several solo UK regulated asset management firms (IFPR / CPM) and for production of associated internal reports.
The team is also responsible for almost all of the Group Pillar 2 documents and will be responsible for the production of several ICARAs under the new FCA IFPR regime.
What you'll do
The jobholder will:
• take responsibility for the production and documentation of some prudential regulatory material for the consolidated Schroders Group (CRR) and several solo UK regulated asset management firms (IFPR / CPM), working to strict deadlines and ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of the outputs;
• produce internal reports for senior management summarising the regulatory position;
• embed a strong control framework in the reporting and disclosure processes;
• take ownership of the future development of process; and
• be the subject matter expert on relevant regulatory rules including counterparty credit risk and market risk.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Qualified accountant and / or a regulatory professional
• For qualified accountant, at least 1 - 3 years PQE. Otherwise, at least 4 - 6 years industry experience
What you'll be like
• strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind;
• ability to work under own initiative;
• ability to manage projects and implement change;
• ability to develop close and effective working relationships and manage key stakeholders, and;
• strong written and oral communication skills.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.