An International Bank based in the City is recruiting for a Regulatory Accountant due to an internal move. The ideal candidate is a qualified accountant with either regulatory experience or exposure across the Banking sector in a more generalist Finance role. They are also open to candidates from the Big 4/Audit firms with experience in Banking.
Principal Accountabilities and Duties:
- To accurately produce and analyse daily and periodic Liquidity and Capital returns for internal reporting.
- To assist in the submission of formal returns to UK Regulatory Authorities (PRA/ BoE).
- To prepare schedules and other ad-hoc analyses to support the regulatory function.
- To assist in the preparation of Central Bank of Jordan returns.
- To assist in outcome testing of process improvement and system implementation on an on-going basis.
- To liaise with external bodies to assist in reporting developments / regulatory innovations
- To assist in reporting to the FCA/PRA, Bank of England and Head Office and dealing with queries and questions from regulators as and when they arise.
- To review the German Regulatory reporting and provide cover for the productions if required.
- To perform any other duties that may be required.
- Risk & Regulatory Duties
- Maintain knowledge of all applicable regulatory requirements including the Bank’s Risk and Compliance policies and procedures and adhere to these to avoid exposing the Bank to undue risk.
- Report policy/procedure breaches and areas of potential non-compliance and suspicions promptly upon identification in accordance with the Bank's Risk and Compliance policies.
- Accurately execute all controls within own area to minimise risk of policy, procedure, and/or regulatory breaches.
- Identify new risks/control gaps within own area and escalate accordingly to your Line Manager and/or Head of Department.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA)
- Experience in financial reporting / regulatory experience gained within a Banking / Investment Banking Environment.
- Sound computer literacy – Microsoft Excel, STB Reporter.