Regulatory Reporting Accountant
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 25 Oct 18
The EMEA Controllers group is responsible for all regulatory, external and management reporting requirements in the region. The main function of this role is to help ensure that the regulatory reporting function adheres to a defined control framework guaranteeing the regulatory information is both accurate and appropriate. The control framework aligns to Group defined policies and SOX-like regulatory documentation, this role addresses the activities required to challenge and improve reporting practice by adopting Group standards. The role will be the interface between the Quality Assurance team, internal and external audit, and the Finance regulatory production team.
- Subject Matter Expert on process documentation; in an enhanced control environment this role has full ownership of the relationship with the Enterprise RMII function on high-risk documentation. Maintains all relevant documentation to ensure compliance with the internal regulatory reporting framework, regular monitoring, updating and validating documentation.
- Control Improvements: contributes to a robust control framework for reporting in the International-EMEA region by collaborating with the Enterprise-wide Quality Assurance team in performing periodic testing and in the implementation of improvements to the existing controls. Has a deep and in-depth understanding of the internal reporting framework in Wells Fargo International, ensuring the control environment is appropriate to the reporting activities, demonstrating the effectiveness of controls in the reporting process.
- Issues management and resolution: Logging, developing and monitoring all regulatory reporting issues, research and investigation into the reporting issues so to understand technical issues and work towards the implementation of an appropriate resolution. Liaison with key stakeholder on the resolution of reporting issues, management of Issue Management Reports for senior management.
- Extend the Wells Fargo Governance and Oversight (G&O) policy and concepts to the International-EMEA Group local regulatory activity, developing risk assessment and controls in line with the prescribed G&O framework. Cooperation with the Enterprise G&O function for the implementation of the revised control framework (G&O compliant) taking responsibility for the execution of the plan, providing senior management with regular status report.
- Liaise with the Data Owners to ensure key regulatory data attributes controlled at source, representing the Reg. team on data control activities driven by the Enterprise Data Governance team.
- Liaise with the Regulatory and Financial Policy teams on corporate and wholesale policies to ensure the reporting team is compliant.
- Project management: ownership of specific project activities from a design stage to the implementation of the solution required to address the issue in scope, ensuring regular updates to management to document the project evolution identifying areas of concern at an earlier stage.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Qualified accountant, strong academic background.
- Significant experience within a banking organization or a similar financial institution.
- Exposure to regulatory reporting which ideally covered BOE and US regulatory reporting.
- Awareness of regulatory reporting rules, BoE / CoReP.
- Excellent written skills.
- Good IT skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently within a team structure.
- Fast leaner with good problem solving skills.
- Exposure to SOX or similar reporting methodology within a finance environment.
- Ale to consider the risks and controls of a process, and to highlight reporting enhancements.
- Understanding financial products, its reporting implications and how are reflected within banking systems