Regulatory Data Governance, Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Mar 18 2018-03-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
This is a Senior Manager position with the Finance Data Governance organization. The individual will primarily assist in executing and managing key
components of the Regulatory Data Governance Program.
The role will require the individual to participate and help drive key components of the program including:
- Data Governance Implementation - Working across MS Control Functions and Business Lines to support the
implementation of Data Policies, Standards and Processes that are required as part of the Data Governance
Framework (e.g. Data Ownership, Control Identification, Metrics, Issues)
- Issue Management and Escalation - This individual will assist in facilitating the Data Issue Register and
Control Gap management and escalation process, including working across many MS teams to articulate issue facts and
- Regulatory Reporting Steering Committee support and coordination - supporting and preparing for key Steering Group
and Working Group meetings including program/issue status updates and implementation planning
- Quarterly Data Attestation Process - The individual will support and facilitate the quarterly attestation process which
requires Data Stewards/Owners to attest to their conformance and compliance with Regulatory Data Governance
Procedures (Issue Logging, Control Remediation, etc.)
Additionally, the role will require assisting with other aspects of EMEA Data Governance. The function and objectives of this role are in line with the broader Finance Data Governance Program objectives which include ensuring high quality cross-finance authoritative sources of critical data.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry
- Work experience related to data governance and data issue management
- Experience with Regulatory and Basel related Data Concepts
- Expertise conducting business and system analysis
- Experience of Project Management/Project Coordination skills, specifically on large global or multi-divisional
- Excellent interpersonal relationship-building, influencing, and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and a creative and flexible approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability for work
- Desire to challenge the status quo and propose new solutions
- An understanding of basic accounting principles
- Fluency with all MS Office tools Strong technical skills with Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Direct experience with key Financial Control Functions including Controllers, Valuation Review, Regulatory Reporting,
The salary for this role is competitive
The closing day for applications is 27/03/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.