Regulatory Control Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
We're looking for a Senior Regulatory Control Manager to join us in London
- This is an opportunity for a driven and dedicated leader to join us in this first line of defence role
- You'll be providing all market regulatory analysis and interpretation for the first line of defence, working closely with the Head of Treasury Markets, Head of Treasury Control & Assurance, Head of LIBOR Rate Submission and other senior stakeholders
- Hone your existing management skills and advance your career in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
You'll be a leader in understanding market regulation and conduct expectations, and be able to translate these into suggested business responses which are proportionate, and within our risk appetite. It'll be your responsibility to distil and clarify the vast amount of information generated from regulatory developments, both internally and externally in order to keep business informed and up to date.
You'll also be:
- Helping Treasury to optimise its businesses and support its clients through this period of change, through timely updates and thought leadership
- Driving business and infrastructure delivery associated with new regulations in collaboration with change management
- Providing advice and support to the business to ensure that the appropriate frameworks and controls are in place to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulation
- Identifying the pipeline market regulation and providing clarity and support to the business on its impact
- Ensuring the engagement and development of team members
The skills you'll need
You'll need a good understanding of market regulation and risk management appetite, and the ability to assimilate large amounts of information in order to distil it into meaningful and practical outputs.
You'll also need:
- The ability to drive delivery of a number of diverse activities across a number of areas including non direct reports
- Excellent communication, drafting and interpersonal skills in order to present compel business issues with clarity
- Experience in creating strong partnerships with key stakeholders
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.