MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Regulatory Change Team manages a wide portfolio of regulations. The candidate will be a senior member of the Regulatory Change Team, and will be responsible for key regulatory themes, where he will be the Subject Matter Expert. He/she will need to monitor regulatory events, complete impact analysis and coordinate actions, including regulatory interpretation.
1. Lead and/or support on the implementation of regulatory projects. Understanding of basic project management is required.
2. Understand upstream regulatory changes. This may include drafting response to the regulators, and participating in industry groups.
3. Draft new policies and amend existing ones as required by regulatory changes. This will include liaising and leading internal stakeholder groups, and presenting to senior management.
4. Analyse complex regulatory requirements and present in a way that is understandable to a non-technical audience
• We are looking for candidates with recent working experience on markets regulatory themes, such as: MiFID2, EU Financial Benchmark Regulation, CSDR, IBOR implementation, particularly on Market Regulation.
• A background at a Compliance function in the banking industry, relevant trade associations (AFME, BBA, AFB), consultancy firm, or at the regulator.
• Candidate should have experience on drafting Compliance Policies
• Experience in other regulatory themes such as Competition Law, and the Senior Management and Certification Regime, PSD2, MLD4, EMIR Refit are a plus.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Functional / Technical Competencies:
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills. Presence and confidence to engage with senior management, trade bodies and local regulators.
Education / Qualifications:
• Educated to degree level.
• Professional qualifications such as CISI Diploma or other respected qualifications.
• Excellent communication skills
• Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
• A proactive, motivated approach.
• The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
• The ability to understand and manage the needs of a diverse and extensive group of stakeholders
• Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
• A structured and logical approach to work
• Strong problem solving skills
• A creative and innovative approach to work
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
• A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurized environment