*!We have a very exciting opportunity for contractors to work for a prestigious financial services provider as a Regulatory Business Analyst!* The role is: - Inside IR35 (PAYE), plus paid holidays, sick leave and paid employer's NI and pension contributions - 6 months contract, - Location: London, 3 days in the organisations head office and 2 days at home, near Moorgate station
The objective of the team is to provide a centralised professional project expertise, support and governance across the region, businesses and functions of the Bank. Due to the nature of the team, there is variety in the types of projects that are delivered including, but not limited to, regulatory, business-led and technology-led projects. The candidate who fills the role of Business Analyst in the team will work closely with programme manager, project managers, compliance, operations and business teams to identify requirements and assist in project delivery.
- Analyse and gain a high level understanding of Regulatory themes/rules
- Be involved with workshops with Compliance, Operations etc so that Business Requirements can be documented.
- Document the decisions taken in the workshops re: the interpretation of the rules and the Operational, Business impact.
- Document Actions from the workshops and assist with the tracking of the deliverables.
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts in various areas of the business gaining an understanding of their processes.
- Work closely with other members of the European Project Office team utilising their knowledge and experience.
- Document and raise any Risks and Issues to the Programme Manager/ Project Manager / Senior Business Analyst.
- Assist with the preparation of project related documentation such as Business Requirement Documents and Project Approval Requests
- Provide guidance to Operations if required once Business Requirements have been documented.
- Take part in project testing cycles and assist with the preparation of test packs (if applicable)
Knowledge and Skills:
The preferred candidate will have the follow attributes:
- Good organisation skills, an attention to detail and an enquiring mind are essential. The success candidate will not necessarily take an explanation at face value, but they will have an inquisitive nature to challenge and question in a professional manor.
- The candidate will be able to clearly articulate any questions or explanations to a cross section of individuals.
- The ability to document in a concise and clear fashion is a must.
- Experience of contributing to and providing content for a Business Requirements document is required.
- Strong communication skills are required with the ability to build up a rapport with stakeholders, team members, etc., and to establish a network of company contacts is key.
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit team or work on an individual basis with limited supervision is essential. The individual must be able to tailor their working methods, and they must have the ability to think on their feet.
- Most the team’s initiatives are Regulatory in nature, and previous exposure to and understanding of regulations is required. Experience at operating in a regulatory BAU environment would be beneficial.
- The ability to read, understand and interpret regulations/rules/circulars/directives is essential.
- The ability to run and participate in workshops with key stakeholders including Compliance, Operations, Business teams, technical teams, etc. is essential.
- The ability to understand, capture, articulate and document requirements is imperative.
- The ability to work on one’s own or with other Business Analysts is required.
- The ability to perform in-depth data analysis for project prioritisation is essential.
- The ability to work to Project Plan deadlines is required.
- Previous Involvement in Unit Acceptance Testing (UAT) for a project delivery is required.
- The chosen candidate will have experience at working on projects using both the Waterfall and Agile methodologies with ability to define Epics and User Stories as a distinct advantage.
- Good Numerical or Business Degree Pass.