J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
The team is looking for an experienced Business Analyst/Project Manager to support the broad program, project & process agendas of the CIB Global Regulatory Risk and Controls area. Our team supports a mixture of projects related to Controls, Risk, Operational processes and Regulatory changes across multiple businesses in the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). Most regulatory projects are focused on data management: sourcing, managing, and controlling of CIB's data to meet regulatory requirements strategically, wherever possible.
The project team is responsible for executing all steps in the project life cycle (initiation, planning, business requirements, functional design, build, test planning & execution and implementation) including but not limited to the following:
- Defining project scope, stakeholders, risks and issues
- Drafting project plan and working closely with business analysts to define business requirements
- Manage communication of status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management through presentations and reports used in different forums
- Partner with stakeholders, providing guidance and analysis, helping identify and escalate issues/risks/dependencies and facilitating communication across teams.
- Partner with technology to ensure the design and build requirements meet business needs
- Coordinate working group meetings, setting the agenda, preparing meeting materials, documenting minutes and ensuring clear ownership of action items.
- Coordinating, planning and overseeing the execution of testing across all lines of business
- Managing resources in the team supporting the Program.
- Business process or technology project experience
- Experience being project manager of large scale projects
- Good knowledge of Investment Bank businesses and high-level transaction flow
- Strong analytical, data management and problem solving skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior people
- Ability to thrive in a changing work environment
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Ability to execute tasks under aggressive targets and effectively manage to changes in plan
- Ability to critically challenge when warranted with the goal of resolving issues
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project desirable
- Knowledge of Regulatory Reporting a plus.