Reg Advisory - Financial Crime - Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Reg Advisory - Financial Crime - Manager
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Manger in our Financial Crime, Regulatory Advisory team, you'll help make this happen. That will mean using your technical knowledge and client facing skills, leading and working within teams to help clients make strategic and operational changes to their businesses. Working with some of the world's most prestigious firms, you will be an integral part of our team.
We're currently growing our Financial Crime, Regulatory Advisory team to help meet increasing demand as we have a number of large scale projects for some of the world's biggest financial services firms. With our support you'll be given opportunities to develop your skills by working on a range of projects with a variety of clients. Our engagements typically involve managing multiple stakeholders and require you to advise our clients using your knowledge and experience to provide the desired outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
- To lead and work as part of a team to create valuable and practical insights for our clients, adapting methods and practices to fit their business needs
- Provide input into the development of innovative solutions to address complex financial crime risks and issues and help our clients meet global regulatory expectations
- Take responsibility for engagement planning, management, and leading teams in a variety of financial crime engagements
- Support bids and proposals for new client opportunities and grow existing relationships
- Mentor staff and provide performance feedback for members your team
- A clear understanding of the strategic implications of financial crime regulation
- The ability to effectively implement a variety of regulatory directives
- Skilled at building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- A background in change or transformational projects
- Functional knowledge of the UK and European financial crime regulatory environment (with knowledge of the global environment an advantage)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- AML and/or Sanctions work experience/ professional qualification preferred. Knowledge of other areas of financial crime areas would also be beneficial
- Sound technical knowledge of financial services businesses and products
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of leading teams, managing projects and working with others to deliver financial crime engagements
- Enthusiasm to be involved in marketing activity and developing the Financial Crime team
- S trong academic background, ideally to a degree level or equivalent
- Flexibility to travel and work full-time on assignments, as necessary
Ideally, you'll also have
- A background in a financial crime advisory or first line operational role within the financial services industry and/or in a client facing consulting role
- Experience of working with law enforcement, or a regulatory or governmental body such as the FCA, HMT or equivalent body in another country
- Experience helping firms to deliver change programmes or recognise efficiencies in their operating model through implementing process or technology enhancements
What we are looking for
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising in regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of financial crime activities and will have been involved in change projects and transformational projects. You will have a solid background in AML and Sanctions and will enjoy working in a collaborative and teaming environment.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from engaging and inspiring colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global provider of assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our goal to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. For you this will mean you have greater control over the work you are involved in and you will gain from exceptional training and coaching provided at EY. Feedback is an essential part of what we do and this will be forthcoming in order for you to maximize your potential and be part of a dynamic team.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.