FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Reference Data Analyst
My Client is a leading financial markets and commodities bank are looking for a Referential Data Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring the accurate set up of legal entity and/or instrument/product static reference data.
Reference Data Analyst
My Client is a leading financial markets and commodities bank are looking for a Referential Data Analyst who will be responsible for ensuring the accurate set up of legal entity and/or instrument/product static reference data. The function spans all lines of business, supporting the referential data requirements of Global Markets and Commodities for all cash and derivatives' products marketed.
The role will require a self-motivated individual who will bring energy and enthusiasm to the team and be capable of quickly developing a strong partnership with front office and the other operations and IT functions.
* Timely and accurate set up of reference data across all classes and systems.
* Ensure that all reference data (and supported market data) is accurately maintained on the central data platforms to ensure accuracy and uniformity of published data across separate and distinct systems.
* Ensure that no financial losses or reporting breaches are incurred by the Bank as a direct result of late update, or incorrect input of reference data.
* Ensure timely setup of new instruments/parties across all internal systems and depositories as appropriate.
* Ensure that all reference data reconciliation exceptions are cleared on a daily basis.
* Investigate and drive root cause analysis on recurring instances of breaks.
* Participate and represent CMU referential data for any strategic projects requiring reference data support/strategic input.
* Ensure that the system audit reports/feeds are completed on a daily basis, and that a full audit trail of reference data additions, deletions and amendments is in place for each system.
* Maintain close communication lines with the Front Office, Operations and other support functions.
* Be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of working instructions (procedures)
* Respond quickly to run the bank front office requirements as well as any ad hoc requests which may arise.
* Provide support to the wider Operations team by liaising with front office to undertake corrective action required to resolve exceptions/ breaks captured on downstream operational control points.
* Record completion of all intra- and end-of days checks via on-line check lists.
* Contribute to the review and feasibility assessment of proposed new products and support manager by ensuring that all necessary processes and procedures are implemented to facilitate trading of these.
* Provide support to regional/virtual matrix teams across the International zones. Provide training and hands-on support where required to ensure that a consistent and robust control framework is employed across all regions.
* Provide support to "Change the Bank" teams by participating in the development of business requirements, test scenarios and execution of (user) testing schedules for strategic IT developments.
* Ensure that Risk items are escalated appropriately to ensure that the business operates in a controlled manner and that all key risk issues are raised to management and key business stakeholders.
* Ensure that Group Inbox or ticketing platform is managed daily to ensure that all stakeholder requests are responded to in a timely manner.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 1-2 years of Reference Data experience, ideally in relation to client data.
- Good understanding of securities, derivatives and treasury products (ideally two or more)
- Education to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills and ability to apply to relationships formed across different geographical regions.
- Professional qualification (e.g. SFA Reg. Rep / IAQ) an advantage.
- Understanding of FCA rules and regulations or equivalent.
- Understanding of risk and control.
- Knowledge of emerging markets.
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Charles Levick