FINANCIAL SERVICES RECRUITMENT
LONDON | NEW YORK
Reconciliations & Funding Analyst
Global Investment Bank are looking for an experienced Reconciliations & Funding Analyst with Repo, Stock Loan & Repo experience to cover 9 Month maternity leave with immediate effect.
My client, an international bank and leading financial services provider is seeking an organised individual who has good knowledge of Front and Back Office operations and an understanding of Securities and Derivatives Regulations to join their team as a Funding & Reconciliations Analyst. Knowledge of Euroclear and Clearstream preferred.
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of the role is to assist in ensuring that appropriate forecasting is provided, and funding is in place for the nostro and settlement accounts of the London branch on both an intra-day and end of day basis to ensure that cash balances are reconciled and correctly assigned to the various London business lines.
The incumbent is also required to provide cover, and work with, other members of the Collateral, Cash & Corporate Actions group and, when needed, work UK statutory holidays.
The incumbent also assists in ensuring London's daily Transaction Reporting obligations under MiFID (Markets in Financial Instruments Directive) are met.
* Cash Funding / Reconciliations - Reporting daily funding requirements to Prime Services and Global Fixed Income funding teams in a timely manner to allow the respective parties to correctly cover their currency positions. The role entails constant liaison with Prime Services and Fixed Income operations teams to ascertain the status and likely outcome of failing trades in order to position funding accordingly. Funding forecasts are to be reconciled to actual cash balances for Prime Services and Global Fixed Income trading teams and resolving any issues within a timely fashion.
* Position balancing - Reconciliation of Money Market cash positions in Wall Street (For BNSL and SBE) to general ledger balances. Any resulting issues are to be promptly resolved, with Wall Street updated to include any remedial adjustments.
* Funding Movements - Process relevant cash payments for Prime Services and Fixed Income, ensuring authorisation is obtained in order to facilitate the accurate funding of daily trading activity.
* Ad hoc payment functions - Arrange and process various payments required for business transactions via SWIFT, cheque and draft. These include FX trade settlement and payments derived from HR and the supported business lines. There is also responsibility for handling inward cheque collections for CAD drafts drawn on BNSL and making resultant payments.
The incumbent will be expected to cross-train within the department in order to provide cover for colleagues within the Collateral, Cash and Corporate Actions team to cover periods of absence, as well as providing cover for business as usual processes on UK Bank Holidays
Required Skills & Background:
* The incumbent must have good knowledge of Front and Back Office operation and practices. The incumbent is required to possess knowledge of the risk, accounting and settlement requirements for Fixed Income Securities and Equities.
* Product knowledge of Cash Equities, Stock Loan & Repos would be beneficial.
* The incumbent will require a general understanding of the rules and regulations governing the Securities and Derivatives industry, for example, ISMA and FCA.
* The incumbent will require a general knowledge of the various electronic securities settlement systems, including Euroclear and Clearstream.
* The incumbent must be self-starting, and possess good interpersonal, communication, time management and organisational skills and possess the ability to independently resolve complex issues in a timely manner.
- GBP40000 - GBP42000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Full time
- Charles Levick
- 18 Jan 18