Reconciliations Project Support (3m FTC)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 09 Jan 18 2018-01-09
The Operations team work closely with the Investment Management team as well as interfacing with all other areas of the bank and third party providers. The operations team deal with all issues arising prior to trade placement and execution through to Trade Settlement, Reconciliation, Dividends and Corporate action processing as well as opening and closing client accounts and providing our clients with valuation reporting, answering queries and production of tax reporting.
This is a three month fixed term contract within the Arbuthnot Latham Investment Management Operations team to assist with the implementation of Autorek (the Bank’s new reconciliations platform)
• Assume responsibility for transfer of cash & stock reconciliations into Autorek system, drive forward with the project.
• Coordinate with external parties on data collection
• Run parallel testing of Autorek output versus existing reconciliation process
• Coordinate with reconciliation team to design matching rules
• Document procedures and controls around new processes
• Provide admin support to the Investment Operations team
• The individuals are expected to work closely with all areas of the bank as well as intermediaries and third parties.
Knowledge & Experience
• Experience using Excel and adapting manual processes is essential
• Excellent understanding of an automated reconciliation platform
• Broad experience of UK securities administration (both core processing and associated tasks), gained operationally within an Investment Bank or another Wealth management company.
• A high standard of Compliance and regulatory knowledge, covering AML, Best Execution policy, CASS and TCF.
• Team working- it is essential that all staff members have a strong team player focus.
• Good system skills with experience of Microsoft office, (the ability to write macros is advantageous but not essential).
• Previous experience with Autorek would be seen as desirable
• The role requires a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with clients, providers and senior management coupled with a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with clients, providers and senior management.
• Problem solving and judgment
• Client focused
• Communication and confidence
• Working proactively
• Team working