Reconciliations Manager - Financial Operations (Europe)
Who are we?
We want to help small businesses win. That's why we're here.
We connect small business owners to investors - to create jobs, help families and power economies - because we believe that people are made to do more. And we want to help them get the finance they need to thrive, creating thousands of jobs as they drive the economy forward. .
So, we created the leading online marketplace for small business loans. Our investors have lent £11.4 billion in 143,000 loans to 100,000 small business owners. In a single year, we unlocked 135,000 jobs and contributed £10 billion to the global economy. There's never been a better time to join!
Be part of the team that changes everything. Let's build the place where small businesses can get the funding they need to win and leave a legacy behind, forever. The team
This role sits within "Corporate Functions". The engine of Funding Circle - we keep the business running. Whatever the discipline, we turn dreams into reality and help small businesses to win. What will you be doing?
The key purpose of this role is to lead the Financial Operations Team. This position gives a fantastic opportunity to apply your ideas of improving, streamlining and automating all aspects of Financial Operations and involves collaboration directly with many other teams across the business as well as responsibility for the reconciliations on both the UK and CE platform.
- Oversight for daily internal and external client money reconciliations and associated reconciliation processes, including money movements, performing reconciliation review and sign offs, MI and reporting
- Managing the day to day operations of the team, ensuring second line of defence for payment integrity
- Leading, developing and coaching the team with a keen focus on employee engagement and growth, whilst fostering a spirit of teamwork
- Develop and manage data to reconcile internal ledger systems and external client money bank accounts
- Ensure processes are documented and robust, working with the team and other departments to identify opportunities to reduce risk and increase scalability of existing processes through controls, procedures and technology enhancements
- Collaborate with CASS Operations Manager to ensure compliance with UK Client Money rules and mitigate the risk of client money breaches
- Communicate and educate Financial Operations abilities and requirements throughout the business
- Ensure new systems are specified and built to Financial Operations minimum control standards and liaising with CASS Operations Manager and Compliance teams to ensure localised regulatory requirements are met.
It would be advantageous if you have:
- A Qualified accountant with relevant PQE ~2 years and experience in Financial Operations background
- A Proven team leader with ability to motivate and develop team members to maximise engagement and performance
- An operational team leader within the financial industry with back office experience
- Experienced in cash reconciliation and reporting (CASS knowledge advantageous)
- Passionate about continuous improvement, have a love of systems, data and problem solving
- Able to communicate clearly, concisely and with confidence at all levels and formats
Why join us?
- New reconciliation system implementation experience
- Advanced Excel, also VB and/or SQL skills
We're gearing up for our biggest chapter yet - and it's being driven by everyone.
We think of ourselves as the career launchpad. A place to develop yourself, fast. Real work. Real experience. Real opportunities to collect skills. Think big remits and huge ownership to make great things happen.
Yes, it's target-driven and high-octane - but we like to play hard too. That's what makes us, us. Our vibrant culture is built around potential and creating a place where you can really be you. We keep it agile and open. All voices heard. Because we believe great ideas come from everywhere.
If you show skill and are willing, we'll back you all the way. This is the place for you to build something incredible. It's in our differences that we find our strengths.
We celebrate and support the differences that make you, you. So we're building a culture where difference is valued. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We truly believe diversity makes us better. Want to Build The Incredible? We'd love to hear from you.