- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Reconciliations Controls Specialist
Reconciliations Controls SpecialistLocation: London, United Kingdom
Opening date: 08/10/2018
Supporting the Reconciliation business processes, the role includes the timely import and validation of internal and external data into the Reconciliations system and the subsequent matching of records to identify cash breaks that require further investigation.
• Ensure stringent controls are in place to restrict and manage operational risk.
• Manage the accuracy and continuity of data within the supported systems with specific attention to Intellimatch data.
• Perform a series of integrity checks to confirm that Book of Record accounting data is fit for purpose with close attention to CFD Reconciliations and Cash Reconciliations within Intellimatch.
• Daily review of data integrity errors to identify common themes and co-ordinate resolution with respective parties utilising Recollector and intelliWeb portal where necessary.
• Ensure that data is successfully integrated into supported systems; investigation and remediation of issues where appropriate.
• Ensure report production is timely, accurate and fit for purpose.
• Carry out Reconciliation to resolution all cash sweep accounts including reinvested income posting.
• Undertake analysis of exception trends to highlight risk and propose remediation solutions.
• Monitor and report on performance against service level agreements. Review working processes and implement service improvements.
• Prepare and submit timely and accurate management and key performance information.
• Use initiative to develop effective and constructive solutions for escalated issues that meet the needs of Schroders, the custodians and clients.
• Undertake Reconciliation of CFD Reserve Balances between Accounting data and Prime Broker
• Analyse swifts sent into the company BIC which are not recognised and investigate to resolution
• Liaise with external parties and internal functions to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong understanding and awareness of risk
• Able to adapt and thrive in a changing environment
• Good client awareness
• Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
• Proven problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail
• An interest in pursuing a career within the Investment Management / Financial Services Industry
• Good knowledge of Intellimatch desktop, web and recollector applications
• Good knowledge of Swift Alliance portal and ability to read raw swift message files
• Good knowledge of Aladdin platform
• Good knowledge of CFD and Cash Sweep processing
• Previous Reconciliations experience
• Understanding of operational risk and controls
• Understanding of the applications in our system architecture and their inter-dependencies
• An interest in and knowledge development of global investment markets
• An interest in and knowledge development of investment instruments, our products and clients
• Previous experience in system administration an advantage
• PC skills including MS Excel and MS Word