Our client is a Tier 1 investment bank with big plans to grow their Mortgage & Real Estate business. This is a new team looking for an Analyst Strat who will be supporting with putting in place the asset management framework for the MBS/real estate finance/CLOs business offering. The team develops ad-hoc portfolio, surveillance and management solutions on behalf of clients and sits in front office, working closely with sales, trading and structuring divisions.
- Coordinate due diligence for individual transactions (credit underwriting, data integrity, collateral, valuation, origination regulatory compliance, etc.); ensure due diligence meets agreed upon timelines.
- Review, report and track issues; issue interim and final reports identifying risks/escalated issues, resolutions, financial impact, etc.
- Ensure migration of mortgage portfolios including servicer selection and contract negotiation, document migration, system data error checks and remittance process oversight.
- Support key securitisation workstreams e.g. due diligence, investor reporting and ongoing monitoring.
- Help building new Transaction Management function coordinating various projects and teams within the firm.
- Monitor asset based warehousing lines and produce monthly reports detailing underlying risks as well as compliance with covenants and tests
- Discuss with borrowers the performance of the underlying collateral and potential amendments to the facility
- Perform historical and statistical analysis on pool of mortgages using large set of data in order to manage risk
- Work with internal/external stakeholders (due diligence firms, servicers, originators,…) to ensure fundings, bookings and remittances are applied and all operational flows are met
- You have 4+ years' professional experience in both financial services and an analytical environment where you use data insights to drive a strategic approach in solving problems; experience in real estate, structured finance, mortgage loan originations and/or servicing is a plus.
- You have an analytical mind-set, strong financial modelling skills and you embrace technology; proficiency in Excel is essential and experience coding in SQL, VBA, R or similar languages is a plus.
- You are comfortable in a fast paced environment, able to respond to new information and quickly revise analyses.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Possess excellent time management/organizational skills with a keen eye toward attention to detail; successfully meet established project requirements and deadlines; must have ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Strong ability to organize, analyze and interpret legal and compliance related materials.