The KPMG Real Estate Tax Team is part of the wider KPMG Financial Services Tax Group and focuses specifically on providing tax advisory and compliance services to UK and international fund managers and property investors. We also work alongside our clients and our colleagues in Transaction Services on transactions, providing tax structuring and tax due diligence services. The investors in funds are typically multi-national, as are many of the targets. Therefore the projects frequently require us to work with colleagues from our global KPMG tax network.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to broaden their knowledge of the investment management, real estate and infrastructure industries, types of common fund structures, and the way different entities in these structures are taxed; increasing his/her experience of corporation tax, income tax, capital gains tax, VAT, stamp duty and overseas tax regimes while learning about a specialist business area.
The successful candidate must have experience in all of the following areas:
- Taking responsibility for the delivery of high quality compliance and reporting services for a portfolio of clients
- Helping with ad hoc advisory questions, funds structure papers, etc
- Being the first point of contact for many clients
- Supporting graduates with the preparation of computations, reviewing computations and ensuring their accuracy
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
- Assisting with carrying out detailed technical research
- Providing tax structuring, tax due diligence and restructuring advice on a wide range of transactions
- Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other tax skillsets
- Working closely with colleagues in Transaction Services
- Developing client relationships with fund management houses, TS and overseas teams
- Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity
The successful candidate must have the following skills and previous experience in all of the following areas:
- An accountancy/ finance qualification to masters level.
- A CTA/ACA/CA or equivalent qualification
- Post-qualified corporate tax experience within a Real Estate or Financial Services Tax team.
- Significant experience of working within a professional services firm, with a history of developing strong external and internal client relationships
- A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- High level analytical skills
- Project coordination/management skills
- The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
- Corporate tax knowledge within the financial sector, including asset management, real estate tax and funds tax.
- Tax accounting experience is essential for this role.