You will have the responsibility to ensure that effective risk management processes are in place to support the business in identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring and where possible mitigating the material risks faced.
• Ensure effective organization of the risk management function including the development and maintenance of processes and procedures in line with Group policies and regulatory requirements. Risk responsibilities to encompass all risk aspects including operational, investment, credit, insurance etc.
• Working closely with Group Risk (the Second Line of defence Risk function) to develop a shared understanding of the risk profile.
• Maintain an appropriate risk management framework within the business which is fully aligned to the Group risk framework and serves to identify, assess, measure, manage, monitor risk within the business.
• Challenge risk taking within the Real Estate business directly to ensure risk remains within risk appetite, is in line with portfolio objectives and conforms with the Group risk framework.
• This role will provide key input into the investment committee and will attend to ensure risk considerations fully factored into investment analysis and decision making.
• Compiling, assessing and reporting risk information to the Investment Committee, Risk Committees and senior management.
• Reviewing and analysing risk and performance trends as well as stress test results for Real Estate portfolios including performing scenario analysis, liquidity analysis, and performance comparisons.
• identifying potential Issues or unmitigated risks and escalating them to the relevant stakeholders
• Ensure effective monitoring process of investment guidelines and risk limits to ensure that products and investments are in line with their mandates and risk profiles
• Ensure that business controls are implemented and adhered to in line with the internal control framework as well as regulatory requirements and applicable policies
• Support the business on RFPs
• Represent the business on risks related matters in client and prospect presentations.
• Member of different Risk and other governance Committees, such as pricing committees, and Asset Class Risk and Performance committee
• Lead and participate in various risk management related projects
The key skills required for the role are as follows:
• Prior relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably in a risk management role is required. Experience in Asset Management and FRM, PRM, CFA or CAIA would be a plus
• Good understanding of Real Estate, and wider Alternative assets experience would be desirable
• University degree in banking, finance, economics or similar higher education
• Proven ability to oversee different types of risk in a Real Estate Context (e.g. investment, liquidity, credit, operational, etc)
• Familiarity with regulatory standards applicable to the global asset management industry
• Strong understanding of risk management frameworks, policies and procedures and regulatory and client expectations.
If you think you have the skills required and would like to apply, please submit your CV or contact Aaron Crowley at BRUIN Financial.
Bruin is an independent recruitment consultancy with an exclusive focus on the financial and professional services sector.
Bruin is preferred supplier to the world's leading institutions who value our boutique apporach, our Consultants' in depth knowledge, and our award winning diversity and inclusion services.
As a specialist consultancy, we focus on assisting experienced candidates in our core areas and partner with clients to provide tailored advisory solutions.
Our core areas across the UK and Europe include:.
Acturial; Broking, Underwriting & Claims; Change Management & Technology; Compliance; Credit & Risk Management; Finance & Accountancy; HR & Secretarial; Investment & Middle Office; Legal; Operations; Pensions & Employee Benefits; Sales & Marketing
Our Consultants are some of the most experienced financial and professional services recruiters in the UK, offering expert advice and insight into the current jobs market. Whether you are seeking a short term assignment that suits your availability or the next permanent step in your career, our Consultants are on hand to help you secure the role that matches your needs.
Bruin has been recognised by a number of industry awards for our innovative diversity and inclusion initiatives. As a business we are vocal champions for a diverse talent pipeline and are proud of the reputation we have built in this area.
Bruin recognises the positive value of diversity, and aims to promote equality and challenge unfair discrimination.
As a champion of equal opportunity employment we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons - men and women, people of all ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, religions and beliefs.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as these groups are underrepresented throughout the financial services industry.
Our clients work with us because they value a diverse workforce, and subscribe to our shared principle that all appointments are made on merit and that ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration.