Real Estate Operations Analyst
Who we're looking for
Reporting to the COO Real Estate, your role is business facing and embedded within the Real Estate division. You will support the COO, Real Estate, to ensure smooth running of the department, including operations, KPI maintenance, project implementation, business continuity planning, supplier oversight and regulatory matters.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
The Private Assets business, created in 2017, draws together Schroders' investment expertise in private equity, real estate, infrastructure financing, insurance linked securities and private debt.
Further information about Schroders can be found at www.schroders.com or on Schroders Talking Point http://www.schroders.com/en/uk/tp/ .
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Schroder Real Estate is a London based Pan-European and Global real estate investment manager. Schroders has managed real estate funds since 1971 and currently has about £17 billion of real estate assets under management.
Our team consists of around 200 people operating from thirteen offices globally. The team is experienced in investment management, research and strategy, product and client management, finance and administration and benefits from the significant resources and expertise of the Schroder Group.
We manage a broad range of open and closed ended real estate funds both privately owned and publicly listed, offering investors exposure to both diversified and sector focused portfolios, and differing risk and return profiles.
What you'll do
• Responsible for preparation, maintaining, analysing and overseeing key KPIs of the division, including AUM, dry powder etc
• On boarding new business, including working closely with all departments involved
• Assist in integration of new clients and business
• Supplier / Procurement oversight
• Assisting with execution of AML/KYC requirements across our client base and tracking periodic refreshers due
• Monitoring Introduction process / register, ensuring the procedures are adhered to by all teams
• Ensuring procedures are in place across the department, to a good standard
Financials and accounting
• Supporting COO in monitoring financial strategy and supporting growth of business
• Assisting with departmental cost processing, approvals and analysis; working closely with the Group Finance division
• Administers the Real Estate Operating Committee and the Real Estate Valuation Working Group
• Company secretarial matters - maintenance of Directorships
• Preparation of Operations Board reports
BCP / IT
• BCP procedures coordination
o Monitoring and oversight of Yardi system, including granting of licenses, recharging of costs.
o Completing required Schroders IT procedures, including Myaccess
o Document repository- assist in ensuring smooth running of the system
Fund Manager Assistant (oversight for Recap)
• Provide assistance, when required to the Recap team
• Four eye check on deals / reports
• Assist in resolving queries and provide guidance
• Ad hoc project participation across a range of projects eg Property manager selection/ implementation; administrator selection; implementation;
• Supporting launch of new products through supplier selection, cost monitoring etc
• Assist with transaction structuring / project management and bedding down of processes
• Tax related matters, including AEOI (FATCA / CRS) and Corporate Criminal Offence
• Tax Budget changes - implementation of required actions
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• This role would suit a committed, hard working individual with a strong operational, risk and control and background, with good financial acumen.
• Real estate background and experience at either a property company or investment management house would be beneficial
• Good understanding of the regulatory environment and broad understanding of wider asset manager
• Experience in governance, control and risk management processes.
• Up to date knowledge of current practice and legislation.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• An accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA) may be helpful but not essential
What you'll be like
• Hard working.
• Good communicator
• Extremely organized and good project management skills
• Team player
• Self motivated and ability to motivate teams.
• Consistent record of meeting deadlines.
• Interpersonal skills and ability to deal with a wide range of people
• Demonstrate that they can uphold Schroders' core values.
• Interested in developing/progressing a career within Private Assets
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.