Real Estate Investment Banking & Investment Management Senior Analyst / Junior Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Brookland is looking to hire motivated, hard-working, astute and commercially-minded individuals with a strong interest in real estate finance and investment, and the ability and motivation to work as part of a small, cohesive team in a friendly but high-performance environment. The role provides an exciting opportunity to gain exposure to a very broad spectrum of transactions in the European commercial real estate debt and equity space, in a capacity as principal or advisor to clients. Brookland offers a competitive salary and discretionary bonus package, with the opportunity for rapid career progression and invaluable day-to-day learning in a tightly-knit team.
The team undertake a broad range of investment transactions as well as advisory transactions including buy- and sell-side of portfolio and single-asset deals (hard assets and loans), as well as arranging real estate debt (capital markets and balance sheet) and equity raising, across all real estate asset classes (including real estate-backed operating businesses) in Europe. The team are also currently looking to expand further into principal (co)-investments.
The individual will also have the opportunity to interact with clients and generate new business (where they are able), in an environment where on-the-job learning and development are second to none.
Day-to-day responsibilities will comprise working with senior team members to provide support throughout the transaction process (end-to-end) and gain exposure to deal lifecycle. This includes:
- Research, analysis, underwriting and evaluation of potential opportunities in real estate investment or lending
- Detailed cashflow modelling and analysis for real estate investments or lending, disposals, restructuring and capital raising including creation of complex, bespoke and dynamic financial models to support each transaction (both asset and liability side).
- Compilation and evaluation of industry-, market- and property-level data and financial information
- Preparation of investment / credit committee memoranda and offer letters / heads of terms.
- Preparation of presentations for existing transactions as well as potential new transactions.
- Review of due diligence in relation to property, legal, tax and corporate aspects.
- Assist in structuring transactions and formulating business plans.
- Assist in review of legal documents.
- Assist in management and ongoing monitoring of investments post-completion, including preparation of reports.
Your Profile: Requirements, Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrable passion for, and interest in, principal investing or advisory work in the commercial real estate markets.
- Strong research, quantitative, financial modelling and analytical skills.
- Excellent proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Highly organised and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstration of adaptability, flexibility, pro-activeness and initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Integrity, maturity, confidence and high career aspirations
- Team player with the ability to independently progress workstreams
- 2-4 years of full time experience.
- Strong academic credentials
Brookland is a dynamic and innovative boutique investment banking and investment management firm focused on the European commercial real estate markets and real estate-backed corporate space. It has won a number of industry awards for the work that it undertakes and benefits from an unrivalled track record in providing market-leading pan-European advisory expertise in real estate finance and investment, on a consistent basis, having advised on transactions exceeding a total of €30bn since 2009. Brookland also acts as a key market intermediary connecting investors and sellers, and lenders and borrowers, enabling capital to be efficiently deployed, through its extensive and unparalleled network across the commercial real estate markets. It has also recently developed a principal investment capacity and is looking to grow further in this area.