Real Estate Investment Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Selby Jennings UK
- 03 Jan 19
Real Estate Private Equity, Real Estate Investments, Associate
Selby Jennings is working on behalf of a $27 billion US real estate private equity fund, looking to add an associate to their London acquisitions team.
You will join a lean transactions team deploying their 8th fund of $4 billion. You will be focused on targeting value-add and opportunistic investments across pan-European real estate. You will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the transaction, from origination to underwriting to acquisition and close. There is also the opportunity to work with special situations investments.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with underwriting assumptions through an integrated review of the property assets, market data, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Analysing investments using various valuation techniques including discounted cash flows, comparable property analysis, replacement cost analysis and precedent transaction analysis.
- Generating updated projections for specific investments during the ownership period after acquisition.
- Assisting with other portfolio management needs related to existing investments.
You will demonstrate the following essential characteristics:
- Strong analytic, technical and valuation mindset, with a passion for real estate investing.
- General understanding of finance.
- Minimum two years of prior real estate investment/underwriting experience.
- Exceptional financial modelling and analysis, writing and presentation skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to work both independently and as a productive member of a lean transaction team.
- At least one European language is a plus, but not required.
Interviews are taking place already and applications should be made directly to fundmanagement(AT)selbyjennings(DOT)com