Real Estate Investment Analyst - FTSE 250 REIT
- Competitive Base + Bonus + Car Allowance
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Real Estate
- 10 Dec 18
Arkesden Real Estate is working with a FTSE 250 listed REIT specializing in the London Office market who are seeking an Investment Analyst to join their team. The company is an owner/managing of commercial real estate and sits somewhere between a traditional REIT and the serviced/flexible operators in today’s office market. This position will report directly to the Head of Investment and will be a key player within a small team, which will allow the individual significant responsibility and an expectation for relative autonomy from day one.
Established over 30 years ago, our client listed on the London Stock Exchange in the 1990's and has since grown into the FTSE 250 REIT that owns an office portfolio of over 50 properties across Central London, totalling almost 4m sq ft and over £2bn in value.
The company is an owner/managing of commercial real estate and sits somewhere between a traditional REIT and the serviced/flexible operators in today’s office market.
The Investment Team has been very active over the last 3 years with over £250m of disposals and £550m of acquisitions. As a result of this, a recent equity raise and a strong pipeline of transactions, they are currently looking to expand at the Analyst level.
This position will report directly to the Head of Investment and will be a key player within a small team, which will allow the individual significant responsibility and an expectation for relative autonomy from day one.
Responsibilities and Duties;
- Supporting all steps in the acquisition of real estate assets from sourcing to closing;
- Supporting all steps in the disposal of real estate assets from selection to completing the disposals;
- Responsible for modeling cash flows of an investment opportunity to determine returns and quantify effects of potential risks;
- Responsible for assisting the team in all aspects of acquisition due diligence including working with third party consultants to understand all the potential risks;
- Preparation of Investment Committee papers, valuation reports and cash flow analysis; and
- Cultivate and maintain contacts across the property investment community to ensure that appropriate opportunities are considered by the company.
- c. 1-3 years post MRICS experience or equivalent (consideration will be given for near or newly qualified).
- Knowledge of real estate investment and ideally the Central London markets;
- Strong computer and modeling skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and ARGUS would be useful);
- Creative, entrepreneurial, ability to think laterally;
- Communication skills - both written and oral;
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively as part of a small team but interaction within the wider Workspace business; and
- Able to work under tight deadlines when necessary.