I am partnered with a rapidly growing international real estate investment manager, who are looking for a Legal Counsel to support the General Counsel in providing an effective legal function to the business. Whilst the role is based in London, the incumbent will work with the business throughout Europe and APAC.
The successful candidate will be joining a business that has very ambitious growth targets and thus they will play an integral role in growing the framework for the future.
* Providing legal support to real estate projects of strategic or key importance, including joint ventures and/or fund launches or restructurings.
* Providing legal support on real estate transactions where legal risk or complexity is identified, including attendance at transaction advisory or portfolio advisory committee meetings.
* Working with the business and overseeing external lawyers on the legal aspects of structuring and documenting new products or the amendment/restructuring of existing funds or products.
* Working with the business and Group Legal in respect of any M&A activity or intra-group matters.
* Supervision of external counsels' work, ensuring that appropriate firms are selected and engaged by the business and its investment vehicles, on appropriate terms and monitoring performance.
* Reviewing and negotiating standalone minor agreements such as NDAs, duty of care agreements and intra-group agreements.
Experience and Qualifications:
* Qualified Lawyer with relevant experience required combined with Real Estate expertise
* Fund/Investment management background preferred
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision
* An understanding of legal, regulatory and tax issues relating to real estate transactions and investment structures across Europe and APAC
* Strong communication skills and the ability to establish strong relationship within the business, Group Legal and external counsel
* The individual will be expected to interact independently with business stakeholders and maintain strong working relationships
Charles Levick Limited are a leading global financial recruiter providing innovative solutions across Capital Markets, Financial and Professional Services organisations. Founded in 2008, Charles Levick is privately owned and operates from offices based within the City of London and New York.
A truly independent company with a global reach, we pride ourselves on delivering honest and intelligent guidance developing long term sustainable relationships. Our breadth of expertise and services allow us to deliver solutions across our sectors ranging from junior analyst through to C-Suite requisitions, all delivered with exceptional levels of attention to detail and service that have helped us to grow into the organisation we are today.
We have managed to build an enviable reputation partnering a diverse range of large and small organisations initially within London, but now globally, actively supporting clients across Europe, Asia and the US. With decades of experience, we have been able to develop a substantial knowledge of our markets as well as building loyal relationships with our clients and candidates.
Our business is devised of 5 core areas of specialisation: