We are currently working with a specialist lender providing bespoke finance solutions to the property markets. Everyone in the team is responsible for all aspects of the business, including origination, underwriting, execution, loan management, reporting and some corporate / strategy work.
This is a fantastic role within an entrepreneurial environment that will offer several unique opportunities, such as:
- Opportunity to take on more deal responsibility (including execution work). This has always been central to their culture and they want to provide people with the platform to grow into a role.
- Ability to support corporate work, including raising debt/equity. In the longer term, this is invaluable in understanding how funds are structured.
- Joining a business that’s in growth mode, allowing someone the chance to progress as the portfolio grows and expands into new markets across Europe.
- Analysis of debt opportunities at senior, junior and mezzanine level.
- Instructing and undertaking investment due diligence, co-ordinating third-party service providers and reviewing due diligence reports.
- Efficient deal execution and post-execution management including responsibility for regular drawdowns and portfolio analysis work.
- KYC / AML onboarding of new clients.
- Use and understanding of financial models to underwrite deals and to monitor ongoing investment performance.
- Preparation of investment memoranda and investment committee papers for approval.
- Proven experience in an established Real Estate Finance (REF) team at a major bank or investment fund.
- Good working knowledge of REF lending principles, property evaluation and analysis.
- Skilled use of Microsoft packages, particularly Excel. Advanced financial modelling is a key requirement.
- Demonstrable understanding of investment fundamentals (IRR, NPV, ROE).
- Good understanding of REF credit risk.
- Ability to produce accurate, concise credit papers to senior management for review and approval.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- An organised individual capable of managing multiple tasks, using own initiative as well as taking direction from senior stakeholders.
- Strong academics – ideally educated to degree level with relevant qualifications.
- VBA coding experience.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial outlook.