React Senior Software Engineer
Description Position at WorldFirst
A Senior React Engineer at WorldFirst is an engineer who is passionate about software & technology. We value learning and improving, team spirit and positive attitude. We are trying to deliver pragmatic solutions while ensuring good quality (no hacks, no cutting corners).
As an engineer, you are expected to simplify problems and create abstractions. You are a team player, happy to mentor, provide constructive feedback either directly or through code reviews, eager and capable of leading tech communities (e.g. code clubs) but you can also work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Write Code! Cleanly and with maintainability in mind.
- Be an active member of the Engineering community of practice
- Champion agile best practices and Continuous Delivery
- Work as part of a delivery team building innovative software
- Work with your delivery team to break down deliverables into thin vertical slices which can be delivered in an iterative way to enable the early delivery of value.
- Mentoring and pairing with colleagues and other software engineers to help each other grow
- Working closely with QA's, UX Designers, Product Managers, and BA's
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business people
- Seek to learn at every opportunity
- Facilitate problem solving and work with a team to make innovative solutions a reality.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchical, and ego-free culture where talent is valued over any role title
- Proven experience in delivering clean, maintainable code on large-scale web applications using React in a production environment.
- Experience working with HTML5, CSS
- We value automated testing and practices that support it - TDD, BDD.
- Experience integrating with REST APIs
What we offer:
- Internationalisation - understanding of how to adjust designs to local standards.
- Experience creating and maintaining a company-wide component library
- Experience using version control (Git) and performing code reviews.
- Passion for best web design and development practices.
- Comfortable working in a highly collaborative team in an agile environment.
- A competitive salary
- An excellent benefits package including annual discretionary bonus scheme, company pension scheme, private health cover
- 25 days holiday
- Perks, including; free breakfast & fruit, Friday drinks fridge, business casual dress code, bi-annual company parties
WorldFirst is an Equal Opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing a welcoming environment where inclusivity is the norm, and our employees genuinely feel they can bring their whole true self to work.
WorldFirst welcomes conversions around flexible working arrangements.
WorldFirst is happy to offer additional support throughout the interview process where needed.
Who we are:
WorldFirst is an innovative global payment platform, helping businesses and people prosper by making the movement of money around the world faster, easier, safer and cheaper. Dedicated to driving pioneering technology, our growth is driven by our product development and international expansion, enabling us to power the next generation of global businesses.
Since our inception in 2004, we have been setting a new standard for the foreign exchange market and have transferred more than $70bn to date. Our diverse team of 650 specialist individuals span across 8 global offices, helping over 250,000 customers worldwide receive outstanding product offerings alongside dedicated award-winning customer service
Our mission to build the world's best financial services platform for international commerce accelerated upon joining the Ant Group. Ant supports over 1.2 billion customers and is dedicated to using technological infrastructure to provide inclusive financial services to individuals as well as small and micro businesses. Together, we believe financial services should be simple and we share Ant's vision of "bringing the world equal opportunities". Becoming an Ant Group company allows us to leverage one of the largest global commerce ecosystems with a platform for long-term growth across our key markets.