- London, England, United Kingdom
- Temporary, Part time
Ratings & Research Support Summer Associate (London)
Location: London, England, United KingdomThe Moody's Summer Associate internship program is targeted at students in their penultimate year at university. After completion of the programme successful candidates may receive offers to join Moody's at full time positions after university graduation.
The Summer Associate will contribute to Ratings & Research Support (RRS) teams, by providing a range of analytical support. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a range of credit professionals in an open and accessible environment.
The role requires strong numerical and financial analysis skills. A solid accounting or statistics background is also preferable. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, have a keen eye for detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The Summer Associate position provides a unique opportunity to develop skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
The Summer Associate will be assigned to one of the following rating groups:
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Institutions
- Infrastructure & Project Finance
- Sovereign & Supranational
- Structured Finance
- Participate in case studies designed to further analytical understanding
- Collect data and identify trends to support well thought out credit conclusions
- Prepare financial spreadsheets, charts and presentations
- Responsible for monitoring media outlets for news regarding special projects or portfolios
- Provide analytical and research support to the rating teams
- Contribute to creation of high quality research publications
This job description is issued as a guideline and is not exhaustive. Because of the evolving nature and changing demands of our business this job description may be subject to change. You may, on occasion, be required to undertake additional or other duties within the context of this job description, and according to the needs of the business.
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research (R&R) function. In addition, this department provides support for surveillance requirements and partners with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Penultimate year student, studying towards an undergraduate Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualification, or a two-year Master's Degree, in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- Good accounting or statistics background (e.g., through coursework, CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience) and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own workflow, to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Keen attention to detail
- Fluent in English is essential. Knowledge of other European languages is highly desired, especially French, German, Spanish and Italian
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.