Rating Analyst - Transportation Sector
Rating Analyst - Transportation Sector Grade 9 (for internal purposes) The Role:
We are looking for a credit analyst to join our team, to be based in either our Frankfurt or London offices. Key responsibilities will include:
- Perform credit analysis demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect issue and issuer credit ratings, through the application of the relevant S&P Global Corporate Ratings criteria.
- Preparation of credit papers and financial modelling, for rating committees.
- Participate in new transaction and issuer ratings analysis and deliver outcomes in a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of transportation industry characteristics, key participants, trends and emerging risks and opportunities.
- Attend meetings and interact with issuers to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Prepare research reports including corporate issuer rating reports and sector commentaries for external market publication.
- Perform periodic portfolio reviews in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Support our publishing and investor outreach activities.
- Share expertise, useful know how, and ideas to support continuous improvement.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required.
- In time, take responsibility for a portfolio of ratings as a primary analyst.
A rating is S&P Global Ratings' forward-looking opinion about the relative creditworthiness of a company relative to other companies using our specific methodology. It assesses a company's relative capacity and willingness to meet its financial obligations as they come due providing investors with an independent benchmark of credit quality. The Career Opportunity:
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a high performing analytical team with good potential for professional development. Your Skills:
The successful candidate will have an established track record in credit analysis and will be proficient at doing research and drafting issuer and sector analysis, with strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and a passion for service excellence. Qualifications/Experience:
About S&P Global
- Be educated to degree level in a relevant business related field; a relevant Master's degree, CFA or financial qualification would be desirable.
- 2 or more years' prior credit analysis experience, preferably in corporate credit analysis.
- Good analytical skills with a solid understanding of financial statements, cash flow modelling and accounting concepts.
- Ability to understand and analyse financing agreements and documentation.
- Well organised and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Prior experience with financial statement analysis and financial modelling.
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English, and at least a working proficiency in German if you are applying for the Frankfurt location.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills. Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions will be required.
- Experience of analysing high yield Corporates.
- Prior knowledge of the Transportation sector would be an advantage.
- Effective management of own workflows, elevating problems to manager in a timely manner.
- Flexible and open mind-set with ambition to show initiative to support S&P initiatives.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. S&P Global Ratings
is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. For special accommodation due to disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate individual.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
263190 Posted On: