An excellent opportunity to join a tier 1 instiution to help automate the rates business.
Rates Derivatives Automation Desk Strat, Assoc/VP level
This will be part of a team of desk strats who are working to transform the FICC and Equity Derivatives businesses by automating the key decisions taken every day. The team has a wide remit including automatic quoting, optimizing hedging decisions and developing algorithms to trade derivatives on venues across Europe. They also deploy statistical analysis techniques and mathematical models to enhance the decision making process, with the overall aim of improving business performance while working closely with traders and salespeople on the trading floor.
- Automate pricing of derivative products, providing fast and accurate prices in response to quote requests from their clients.
- Implement automated hedging algorithms, and build frameworks to manage risk centrally across asset classes.
- Perform systematic and quantitative analysis of franchise flows and market data, driving business decisions and the design of their automation platform.
- Work closely with sales and trading, supporting automated pricing and trading systems.
- Be involved with all stages of the software development life cycle with a range of technologies, and collaborate closely with engineering teams who support the underlying infrastructure and frameworks,
- Excellent academic record in a relevant quantitative field such as physics, mathematics, statistics, engineering or computer science.
- Strong programming skills in an object oriented or functional paradigm such as C++, Java or Python.
- At least 2 years' experience.
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience implementing predictive statistical models, particularly non-linear regression/classification problems and Bayesian methods (hierarchical models, dynamic models, filtering etc).
- Previous quantitative or technical role working on or with a derivatives/electronic trading desk - ideally rates coverage (flow products not exotic)
- Knowledge of building automated trading systems and researching signals for use in a live trading environment.