RFP & Consultant Support Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Institutional Client Business (ICB) serves corporate and public sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
The Global Consultant Relations Team (GCR) is part of ICB at BlackRock. GCR is responsible for: sales and relationship management of global and local investment consultants across all asset classes; overseeing institutional request for proposals (RFPs); and data management with the goal of promoting BlackRock products and solutions through industry and consultant databases.
Primarily based in the US and UK, GCR is also represented in Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, India and Australia.
The RFP and Consultant Support function within GCR is uniquely positioned within BlackRock and with RFPs often being the first official engagement that the client has with BlackRock, the team is at the hub of the sales process, pro-actively engaging with investment, client and operational teams throughout the RFP process.
As well as playing an important role in winning new business, the team also provides valuable support to the consultant relationship managers through the completion of consultant requests for information on our products and investment solutions.
Working closely with both investment areas and sales teams; and covering the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia; the team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to these areas of the business and to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, it’s position in the market and the products we manage.
This senior RFP position will entail understanding BlackRock’s products, strategies, structure and unique selling points and being able to communicate these in completing RFPs and other new business related documents to win assets, as well as responding to consultant information requests as required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work on a wide range of products including alternatives, equity, fixed income, multi-asset and solutions
- Create partnerships with sales and product teams to develop a full understanding of their needs and build winning relationships
- Support the GCR account managers by engaging and owning consultant queries as required
- Ensure processes, quality and service standards are adhered
- Contribute to continual population and development of the proposals database, tailoring and improving content on an ongoing basis
- The ideal candidate will be a degree qualified individual with at least 3-5 years financial services experience ideally within the asset management industry
- A motivated individual that demonstrates drive and enthusiasm. Willing to learn, innovate and improve
- Team player and an enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Good organisational skills, ability to manage own priorities and meet hard deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable investment knowledge
- Microsoft Excel / Word skills
- European languages are an advantage, although not essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.