RFP & Consultant Support Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Institutional Client Business (ICB) serves corporate and public-sector pension funds, charities and endowments, insurers and other financial institutions, sovereign wealth funds as well as governments and official institutions.
The Global Consultant Relations Team (GCR) is part of ICB at BlackRock. GCR is responsible for: sales and relationship management of global and local investment consultants across all asset classes; overseeing institutional request for proposals (RFPs); and data management with the goal of promoting BlackRock products and solutions through industry and consultant databases.
Primarily based in the US and UK, GCR is also represented in Canada, Japan, Hong Kong, India and Australia.
The RFP and Consultant Support function within GCR is uniquely positioned within BlackRock and with RFPs often being the first official engagement that the client has with BlackRock, the team is at the hub of the sales process, pro-actively engaging with investment, client and operational teams throughout the RFP process.
As well as playing an important role in winning new business, the team also provides valuable support to the consultant relationship managers through the completion of consultant requests for information on our products and investment solutions.
Working closely with both investment areas and sales teams; and covering the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia; the team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to these areas of the business and to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of BlackRock, it’s position in the market and the products we manage.
The role will entail understanding BlackRock’s products, strategies, structure and unique selling points and being able to communicate these in completing RFPs and other new business-related documents to win assets, as well as responding to consultant information requests.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work on a wide range of products including alternatives, equity, fixed income, multi-asset and solutions
- Create partnerships with sales and product teams to develop a full understanding of their needs and build winning relationships
- Support the GCR account managers by engaging and owning consultant queries
- Ensure processes, quality and service standards are adhered
- Contribute to continual population and development of the proposals database, refreshing and improving content on an ongoing basis
- The ideal candidate will be a degree qualified individual with at least 1-2 years financial services experience ideally within the asset management industry
- A motivated individual that demonstrates drive and enthusiasm. Willing to learn, innovate and improve
- Team player and an enthusiastic “can do” attitude
- Good organizational skills, ability to manage own priorities and meet hard deadlines
- Attention to detail and quality is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrable investment knowledge
- Microsoft Excel / Word skills
- European languages are an advantage, although not essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.