RFP Specialist UK Wholesale Marketing - Fixed Term Contract
- Salary: Negotiable
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type: Full time
- Company: Fidelity International
The RFP Specialist would be responsible for providing timely and accurate written responses to RFPs, RFIs and DDQs which effectively communicate Fidelity's competitive advantages and product features and are tailored for the client who has issued the request.
The UK Wholesale RFP Team is part of the UK Wholesale Marketing Team.
The UK Wholesale RFP Team plays an integral role in supporting the UK Wholesale channel by producing clear and engaging responses to Requests for Proposal (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), regular updates and surveys issued by new and existing clients to support and promote Fidelity's position in the UK Wholesale market.
Clients issue these requests in order to evaluate the company, its products and its services, therefore the responses must be of a very high quality and as up to date and accurate as possible in order to communicate our competitive advantages and client proposition in a compelling manner. The UK Wholesale RFP Team tailors the responses to these requests to meet the needs of a diverse client group which includes (but is not limited to) private banks, insurance companies, wealth managers and regional and national adviser networks.
Purpose of your role
The RFP Specialist is responsible for providing timely and accurate written responses to RFPs, RFIs and DDQs which effectively communicate Fidelity's competitive advantages and product features and are tailored for the client who has issued the request.
RFPs, RFIs and DDQs provide clients with a diverse range of information including, but not limited to, investment performance commentary, details regarding the composition of our assets under management, investment personnel statistics, descriptions of the investment process and risk management procedures. To complete these bespoke documents the RFP Specialist is required to use existing information from a variety of different sources and to actively seek out new information to craft or update responses where necessary, liaising with a number of various teams around the business.
The RFP Specialist will also work closely with the centralised RFP Knowledge Management Team ('KMT'), which manages the Qvidian Database of standard answers most commonly used in RFPs, the commonly used data for RFPs.
As the role involves sourcing and providing detailed written answers on a wide variety of topics it offers an excellent opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of Fidelity's products and services and the competitive landscape in which we operate. The RFP Specialist will also be expected to keep informed of current investment themes and regulatory changes affecting Fidelity and the wider financial services sector.
Responding to RFPs, RFIs, DDQs, regular updates and surveys relating to Fidelity's UK Wholesale business by:
- Liaising with the sales teams to fully understand the requirements of the request.
- Crafting high quality documents, using the RFP database (Qvidian) to source baseline answers and obtaining additional answers from various teams around the business which are then tailored to the particular proposal.
- Proactively organising and prioritising workload in order to complete requests efficiently to meet both internal and client deadlines.
- Building a strong knowledge of the key products sold by the UK Wholesale business.
- Ensuring documents meet with all necessary compliance requirements by including detailed backup outlining all of the sources used.
Actively contributing to the ongoing improvement of RFP content, processes and systems by:
- Updating existing responses and creating new answers which are then submitted to the RFP Knowledge Management Team to be added to the RFP database (Qvidian).
- Establishing excellent working relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Keeping abreast of changes within the company, to our products and the industry as a whole.
- Reviewing RFPs, RFIs, DDQs, regular updates and surveys completed by other members of the team.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Previous RFP experience is essential.
- Working knowledge of the Qvidian database system is a strong advantage.
- Strong written skills, including the ability to interpret the relevance of information in responses and translate complex answers from subject matter experts into clear written paragraphs.
- Numeracy skills to interpret and utilise statistical data.
- Excellent attention to detail including spelling, grammar and formatting.
- Well organised and efficient with excellent prioritisation skills in order to work to tight deadlines.
- Team player - building close working relationships with other members of the UK Wholesale RFP Team and other teams around the business is very important.
- Strong communication skills - the role requires regular and effective communication with a number of people within Fidelity.
- A proactive approach to learning.
- Knowledge of investment management or financial services, with a solid understanding of investments (equities, fixed income, multi asset).
- Computer literate - strong MS Office skills, particularly Word and Excel.
- Strong educational background to degree level.
- Investment Management Certificate or similar investment-related qualification preferred.