Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The RFP Analyst is responsible for completion of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), client and consultant Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs) and other requests for information supporting the business development efforts of MFSI (institutional) and MIL (wholesale) teams in EMEA and APAC ex-Japan. Apprises RFP Team Manager of significant issues that affect work flow of RFPs and related material. Working in co- ordination with the team, proposes edits to RFP content, liaising with the appropriate subject matter experts to improve and enhance the content, as required.
- Responsible for RFP production and completion. Manage own workflow in response to changing workloads and priorities. Using discretion and judgement, and working directly with the team, review and edit individual RFP content to ensure that responses comply with MFS overall and business area-specific policy, creating, editing or tailoring the content as required.
- Respond to information requests from prospects, existing clients and consulting firms as directed by Sales, Relationship Management and Consultant Relations associates. This involves extensive collaboration with internal groups, use of in-depth business line and product knowledge and working within established processes to:
- Complete RFIs and RFPs from prospective and existing clients, institutional and wholesale
- Complete DDQs from prospective and existing clients, institutional and wholesale.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for written information, such as data requests from consultants, selected investment management surveys in the press and information requests from fund rating agencies.
- Reports directly to RFP Team Manager on all issues (work flow, systems and technology, deadlines, data production, internal customer trends or needs, etc.) that affect the RFP production process.
- Attain in-depth understanding and overall knowledge of MFS' products and services.
- Assume other responsibilities and assisting the RFP team as required with ad-hoc duties (e.g. compiling statistical data)
- Bachelor's degree and Investment Management Certificate (IMC) preferred, but not essential.
- Experience in financial services, ideally within asset management. Knowledge of RFP function and processes preferred, but not essential
- Possess or have the ability to acquire in-depth knowledge of MFS investment products, procedures and personnel.
- Knowledge of financial, economic and portfolio management concepts and terminology preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical, marketing and organizational skills.
- IT skills: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat. Proposal Management Software (RocketDocs) C360.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet stringent deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with individuals at all levels of seniority within the organization.
- Flexibility at short notice to work additional hours to fulfil duties.
- Occasional travel may be required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."