You will be joining the Quantitative Fixed Income Engineering team, a part of the firms' Strats group.
Quantitative Trading Lead Engineer - VP/Director level
You will be joining the Quantitative Fixed Income Engineering team, a part of the firms' Strats group. They build applications that deliver quantitatively led pricing and trading solutions for the Rates & Credit business. The team develops software using modern development practices to create high quality systems that can be iterated on rapidly and safely.
- Leading development of new business functions and non-functional platform improvements.
- Identifying and improving stability and performance bottlenecks.
- Participating fully in code reviews as both an author and a reviewer.
- Interacting with the business and developers in other regions.
- Demonstrating the ability to transform requirements into high quality, functional deliveries.
- Delivering complex change efficiently and independently when necessary.
- Working with Quality Assurances and Business Analysts on functional and non-functional requirements.
- Actively improving team development processes and mentoring junior engineers.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent core Java.
- High performance and/or low latency development experience.
- An understanding of trading systems and the specific problems involved, algo trading background is beneficial.
- A track record of delivering complex technical solutions to production use.
- Experience of modern patterns for continuous delivery of software.
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experiencein the principals of computer engineering.
- Some demonstrable technical skills beyond core Java, particularly relevant are: KDB, Messaging middleware (Solace, LBM etc), C++, Python.