Quantitative Researcher (PhD) - $5Bn Systematic Fund
- Highly Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Apr 18 2018-04-24
Our client, a growing systematic fund manager, is seeking a Quant Research Analyst (PhD) to join the firm. Specifically, we are looking for creative thinkers who relish the challenge of mining messy, unstructured, complex datasets for hidden patterns and trends. Finance industry experience IS NOT necessary; however, the ability to produce original mathematical/statistical research is paramount.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate alpha signals equity/futures markets
- Perform statistical analysis to devise indicators that are predictive of financial instrument returns using various data sets.
- Build and contribute to computer systems for big data management.
- Utilize and originate new advanced statistical methods and data mining techniques applied to data sets.
Skills, qualifications and experience required:
- PhD in Mathematics/Other numerical degree from a top-rated university.
- 0-3 years, Post-Doc experience
- Research experience in quantitative methods.
- Experience with machine learning techniques.
- Experience working with large, complex datasets.
- Familiarity with statistics, preferably advanced statistics.
- Financial industry experience not essential.
- Expertise in at least 2 of the following: C++, Python, Matlab.