Quantitative Researcher, Multi-Asset - Diversified Strategies, Associate
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.44 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Multi-Asset Strategies (MAS) team provides investment strategies that employ sophisticated asset allocation, rigorous risk management, and extensive research to deliver specific outcomes tailored to client needs. We are dedicated to delivering investment performance by building portfolio positions that are deliberate, diversified and appropriately scaled. BlackRock’s Multi-Asset Strategies include tactical asset allocation, factor-based strategies, income funds, target date and target risk products. Our team of over 300 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Currently, MAS has over $400 billion in assets under management and has a strong presence in San Francisco, New York, Princeton, London and throughout Asia Pacific.
Within MAS, the Diversified Strategies team manages c$17bn in outcome oriented and benchmark aware strategies for retail and institutional clients globally. The team have a fundamentally driven asset allocation process and track record spanning over 17 years. Diversified Strategies is seeking an individual to join the team and make a significant contribution to our investment process and research idea generation through the use of data-driven analysis. This role requires some knowledge of financial markets, but as there is no specific asset-class focus, flexibility and a broad range of market-related interests is preferred over in-depth experience in a specific area.
Given the focus on multi-asset amongst our clients and within BlackRock, this role has considerable scope for the right individual to have an impact on both the success of the team as well as the broader MAS business. The successful candidate will possess outstanding attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, and have a passion for thinking critically about financial markets across asset classes.
- Remain up-to-date on developments in global financial markets and economics
- Play a key role in the investment process through provision of data and analysis in a clear and transparent way
- Assist in the generation of research views through thoughtful data analysis
- Participate pro-actively in the investment debate across all asset classes
- Work with other team members to conduct original research that generates views across asset classes, including equities, bonds, currencies, commodities
- Work with other parts of BlackRock to ensure best practice with regard to quantitative tools, processes, and analysis
- Degree-level education with some relevant professional experience
- Excellent quantitative skills; proficient with Microsoft Excel (including VBA), Python / R and/or Matlab, SQL
- Ability to manipulate datasets for the origination of investment ideas
- Experience with Bloomberg and/or Thomson Reuters, or other data sources (IBES, Worldscope, Haver etc) would be advantageous
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills
- Inquisitive nature, driven to excel in all aspects of the analytical process and in assessing investment opportunities
- Flexible, responsive and self-starting personality with keen attention to detail. Open-minded thought process and intellectual honesty
- Must possess the desire and ability to work in a collaborative and intensive team-orientated environment within an established and successful investment process
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills and the proven ability to work efficiently under pressure. Ability to work with challenging situations in a mature manner
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.